t h i r t y - n i n e

** play the song! **

One year later...

The soft glow of the moon lit our way as Tyler led me up the metal staircase on the side of my apartment building. It was nearly 5 am, and the town lay shrouded in silence, as though it were holding its breath, awaiting the magic that was about to unfold.

"When did you plan this?" I asked, a playful smirk on my lips as I gazed at the makeshift bed and blanket Tyler had carefully arranged on the rooftop. He shrugged, his cheeks blushing a faint shade of pink, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"We have one hour until the sun rises," he declared, lying down on his back, patting the spot beside him. Eagerly, I joined him, nestling into the warmth of his side.

"So, what do we do until then?" I mused, looking up at him through my eyelashes. He captured my hand in his, pressing a tender kiss to my knuckles.

"I have a couple of ideas," he replied, lips quirking into a mischievous grin, causing my cheeks to flush.

"Tyler Robert," I gasped playfully, eliciting laughter from him. He leaned closer, his lips finding mine before trailing down to my neck. I entwined my fingers in his hair, lost in the sensation, but he suddenly paused.

"Is everything—"

"I'm in love with you, Wren," he interrupted, the words dripping with sincerity.

"I'm in love with you too, Tyler," I confessed, my blush deepening.

"So, I think—maybe we—like, not now, but..." Frustration colored his voice as he sat up, reaching into the backpack he had brought along. From it, he produced a small black box, and his blush intensified when our eyes locked.

"Will you marry me?"

Tears welled up in my eyes, rendering me incapable of forming words, but I nodded eagerly, my heart soaring. Tyler slipped the ring onto my finger before sealing our commitment with a passionate kiss, one that spoke of shared dreams and a future together.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," I chanted, the words spilling from my heart a thousand times over.

Watching the sun rise felt like witnessing the start of a beautiful journey, with my fiancé by my side.