Didn't Go Far Huh?

Lexi's POV:

I stormed out the door and slammed it shut. I was about to walk to my car when someone walked on our front lawn. Shit. It's him.

"Didn't have to go far.. Huh?" He said sarcastically.

I frown,"LEXI don't go!" I hear my aunt shout as everybody runs outside.

"Aunt Kathy take the girls and go back inside NOW!" I say threw gritted teeth.

My uncle gives a devilish smile,"Thank you Jen. You've been a great help to me. You can go home now." He said motioning to Jen.

I lost it,"YOU NO GOOD, ABUSIVE, HEARTLESS ASSHOLE! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE! NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE!" I shout getting in my uncles face.

He pushes me back,"BECAUSE YOU LITTLE BITCH! THOSE ARE MY FUCKING KIDS! AND MY FUCKING WIFE! I CAN DO WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT WITH THEM! YOU NEED TO STOP GETTING YOUR NOSSY ASS IN OUR BUSINESS LIKE YOU DID 7 YEARS AGO!" He shouts punching me in the face.

I don't move I hold my spot. I swing my right arm back and put all my force into the punch. It hits my uncles face with a satisfying crack. He falls backwards a little. I kick him in the stomach. He falls to the ground on his back. I lift him by the back of his neck and hurl him at the car. He slams against the hood. I bash his head into the window. I throw him back on the grass and kick him in the back before he can get up. I step back and catch my breath. That gives him time to get up. He turns and tackles me throwing a punch once again at my face. Before he can do more I flip over so I am over him. I throw punches left and right until my uncle kicks me off. He gets up just as I do and pulls out a gun. He is disoriented and points the gun at Wes and Drew. I run as fast as I can and jump in front of them right before I hear two gun shots. I fall to the ground. I feel pain everywhere. I get up slowly with my uncles back turned to me he drops the gun and starts to walk to my cousin. I grab the gun go behind him and slam the butt of it into his shoulder. He tensed and fell to the ground in front of my cousin. The sirens come shortly after and they take my uncle into custody and the paramedics check on everyone while I talk to the police about what happened.

"So ma'am can you explain the altercation with your uncle." The officer asks

"He was bailed out of prison and has been sending me death threats. He was given our address by this girl who bullied me at school and he came and tried to take my aunt and cousins. I fought him off then he pulled out a gun on two guys and tried to shoot and I jumped in front of the two boys in the hats and he dropped the gun after that and tried to grab my cousin so I grab the gun and hit him in the crook of his shoulder." I said exhausted

He looked wide eyed,"Ma'am were you hit your bleeding?! We need medics over here this girls been shot!" The officer shouts and I see three paramedics running to my side as I fall to my knees. My vision started to get spotted. I felt them lying me on a stretcher and hoisting me up. I heard screaming in the distance.

"Lexi!"

"Lexi! What's going on?!"

I hear my family and friends voices. I opened my eyes and blinked them and just before the spots came back I saw the inside of an ambulance. I then saw my aunt, brother and Keaton in hysterics next to me.

I looked down at my body and saw blood coming from two spots. The first and the one that hurt worse was my left shoulder. The second hit in my left bicep. My whole left side felt like I was lying on pins and needles. I saw the paramedics cleaning the wounds and stopping the blood. One of them gave me a shot to numb my left side. They gave me another one and almost instantly the spots went away. I looked over to see all three of them crying.

I sighed,"Why a-are y-yo-you guys c-crying?" I asked weakly

Keaton did a low chuckle,"Of course you would worry about us when you got shot. Are you okay?" He asked.

I sigh,"I'm okay a little tired and my side doesn't hurt since they put me on the drugs." I say sarcastically.

The ambulance came to a halt and the doors flew open. The paramedics lifted me up and I was rolled into the hospital. They took me through the doors and my family had to stay in the waiting room. They rolled me into this room with machines and put me on an operating table. They gave me another shot and next thing I know my eyes get heavy and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

-One Hour Later-

Keaton's POV:

We arrived at the hospital and they wheeled Lexi inside. They took her through the door to the emergency room. They wouldn't let us go through since she was going into surgery right away. We sat in the waiting room until Wes, the guys, Drew, Austin, Amber, Gabrielle, and Tess all came running into the waiting room. We waved them over and they all came crowding around us.

"Is she okay what happened?" Wes asked frantic.

I sighed,"We don't know they took her back there and said they are taking her into surgery right away. It's been one hour. Where were you guys?" I asked

Gabrielle spoke up,"We had to talk with the police then call the guys and piled into the cars." She said

I nodded just as a doctor came out in scrubs.

"Katherine McDonald ?" He asked

We got up and walk towards the doctor.

"That's me." Lexi's aunt said sniffling

The doctor nodded,"So she just got out of surgery. The bullets didn't go far and they missed any critical muscles in her arm and shoulder. She lost a lot of blood but we have it under control but she is going to need someone to donate blood. She is under medication but she should be waking up soon. But back to the donation subject do any of you have B positive blood and be willing to donation?" He asked

Wes raised his hand,"I do and I'd be happy to donate."

I looked at him wide eyed,"Wes you don't like needles." I say shocked

He nods,"It's for Lexi so I don't care. Where do I go?" He asked the doctor

"Down the hall third door on the right." He said pointing to the doors before Wes went behind them.

I look to the doctor,"Can we see her?" I ask anxious

He nodded,"Follow me." He said turning and walking through the doors behind him.

We walked down a long hallway before he stopped at a door. He turned to us nodded and walked away leaving us in the hall mentally preparing to see her. I worked up enough nerve to go in first. I open the door to see her sitting watching tv with a wrap on her arm covered by a sling. She turned to me and smiled. You could still see a faint black eye on her face.

I smile, and everyone piles in after me,"How you doing?"

She nods,"Great. Where's Wes I know he would have come with?" She says with a blank expression.

I nod,"He did but they needed someone to donate blood and he offered." I said

Her eyes went wide,"He did that for me! He hates needles!" She says shocked

We laughed,"He said if it's for you he didn't care." I said

She looked equally shocked,"He said that. Why?" She asked

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" I heard Wes's voice behind me. I turn to see him with a wrap around his arm.

"Why Wes?" She asked quieter

He sighed,"Guys is it cool if I talk to Bo alone?" He asks us

We nod and walk out. I'm last I hug Lexi and walk out closing the door behind me.