The Talk That Tells All

Lexi's POV:

I wake up to an empty white room hearing annoying beeping noises. I see a doctor button and press it. Not even a minute later a doctor walk into the room smiling.

"Alexandra nice to see your awake, how are you feeling?" He asks checking my machines.

I nod,"I'm okay. Um what exactly happened to me?" I ask

"Well first what do you remember?" He asks me

I sigh,"Um I remember fighting my uncle. Jumping in front of a gun, two gun shots and knocking him out. Then police showed up. Questioned me. They called for medics saying id been shot. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I got shot in my shoulder and arm." I say recalling the earlier events.

He nods smiling,"That's exactly what happened. You blocked your friends from getting shot. You lost a lot of blood and we have to find a donor. And your family is waiting out there in the waiting room. For almost an hour now." He says

I perk up,"Can I see them?" I ask

He nods,"Of course and there is a remote there to watch tv if you want." He says before exiting the room.

I turn on the tv but get bored when nothing is on. I start to evaluate my injuries. I look to see a red and white wrap around my shoulder and bicep. I also see my left arm is in a sling. I look at the tv to see an old episode of Spongebob is on and start to watch it. I stop looking at the tv when I hear the door open. I turn and smile seeing my best friend standing there. He smiles back.

"How you doing?" He asks as everybody piles in after him.

I look around,"Where's Wes? I know he would have come with you?" I say expressionless.

"He did but they needed someone to donate blood, so he offered." He says

My face flashing with shock,"He did that for me! He hates needles!" I say my eyes wide.

They all laugh,"He said if it's for you he didn't care." Keaton says

"He said that! Why?" I say shocked

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" I look up to see Wes standing in the door with a wrap on his arm.

"Why Wes?" I ask him quietly

He sighs,"Guys is it okay if I talk to Bo alone?" He asks looking at out group.

They all nod and leave the room. Keaton's last and hugs me before he leaves closing the door behind him.

I turn to Wes,"You wanted to talk?!" I say coldly.

He frowns, he forgot that I still am mad I'm guessing.

"Lexi I'm sorry I had no idea what Jen did. If you told me about it then I would have gotten rid of her." He says

I sigh,"Wes I know you worry about me but I didn't want you freaking out." I say

He nods,"I know I just, I just feel like your in here because of me. They said the bullet that hit your shoulder would have pierced my heart and killed me instantly. You- you were mad at me, hated me even and you still jumped in front of a bullet to keep me safe. I feel like it's all my fault. Bringing Jen around, her letting your uncle loose and her knowing your address." He started to tear up.

I feel a tear slip from my eye,"Wes shut up okay just shut up. This was never and will never be your fault. This is my life I have to deal with whatever it throws my way. And Wes I don't hate you. That's the funny part I never did. I jumped in front of that bullet because I couldn't see you die. I didn't want to see it Wes. I care about you Wes. Your the one person I can talk to. About mature things." I say giggling a bit.

He laughs,"Lexi I need to tell you something I have wanted to tell you for a long time." He says turning serious

"What is it Wes?" I say taking his hand.

He tensed,"I uhm, I never actually wanted Jen. She was just to get my mind off of the girl I have been crushing on since 8th grade but I never thought she remotely felt the same way. That girl.... Is you." He says looking down blushing.

I can't help but giggle uncontrollably. He snaps his head up looking hurt. Aw shit wrong thing to do.

I stop,"I'm sorry about giggling. It's just I never knew you liked me I am really awkward in these situations and I thought you just wanted to fuck me senseless. You know because you wrote that in my year book last year. But Wes I would be lying if I said I don't like you too." I say smiling.

His grin goes widens he chuckles,"Well then if it's not to much to ask, Alexandra will you Pwetty Pwease be my girlfriend?" He asks pouting his lips. Damn was that hot.

I smile,"Hmmm let my think..... Okay!" I say.

He jumps from his chair and happily crashes his lips to mine. We go like that for about another minute before I pull away.

"You should probably let them back in." I say smiling

He nods,"Guys you can come in now."

I laugh,"Oh and Wes." I say before crashing my lips against his and quickly biting on his bottom lip causing him to gasp. I pull away when the door opens.

I turn to see my aunt and cousins along with Kenny, Keaton and Drew.

"Hey guys guess who got up the guts to ask my stubborn ass out." I say winking

They all grin,"Explains your smiling but what's with Wes's 'I'm sexually frustrated' look." Drew says

I laugh,"I kissed him bit his bottom lip and then pulled away quick. Does that help?" I say smirking

They all laugh,"You basically did Wes's biggest turn on other then biting your own lip." Kenny says.

I laugh and wink at a shocked Wes,"I'll make a note! Haha." I say

"Oh god can we please not talk about this right now!" Gabrielle shouts looking horrified by the conversation.

"Okay I'll just talk to you about it later!" I say smirking at her.

"NO!" She yells.

We all burst out laughing. I'm glad I have people that care about me. I don't even feel like I got shot because they make me laugh and forget my worries.