24

Noah

Nevaeh was laying on my shoulder when he Doctor came in. We had been here for 7 hours.

"Well the surgery was not for the overdosage but she suffered some internal damage to her liver and kidneys. We were able to fix that and get her to spit up the drugs she consumed. However she is in a coma. We don't know how long it could be. Days, weeks, months, or years. We did everything we could." She said.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I heard Vay crying softly next to me. I wrapped my arm around her and held her.

"Are we able to see her?" Tayvion asked.

"One at a time please." She said.

Nevaeh walked in first. She walked out with tears in her eyes. Everyone went in and it was finally my time.

I walked in to see her hooked up to all these machines. I sat in the chair beside her bed and just watched her.

Finally I was able to speak.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"I love you." I said.

That's all I could say. I'm a terrible father. I kissed her forehead and stood up. I walked out the door closing it behind me.

Rico

I sat in Erin's hospital room. I've been here everyday after school. I would read to her what we learned in class. Maybe she would get so bored she'd wake up and tell me to stop.

It's been a month and still no sign of her waking up.

"You're probably tired of hearing this boring old shit so I'll sing you the new song I wrote." I said.

( A/N This is a real song. Didn't feel like being original)

Feeling like I'm breathing my last breath
Feeling like I'm walking my last steps
Look at all of these tears I've wept
Look at all the promises that I've kept

I put my heart into your hands
Here's my soul to keep
I let you in with all that I can
You're not hard to reach
And you bless me with the best gift
That I've ever known
You give me purpose
Yeah, you've given me purpose

Thinking my journey's come to an end
Sending out a farewell to my friends, forever peace
Ask you to forgive me for my sins, oh would you please?
I'm more than grateful for the time we spent, my spirit's at ease

I put my heart into your hands
Learn the lessons you teach
No matter when, wherever I am
You're not hard to reach
And you've given me the best gift
That I've ever known
You give me purpose everyday
You give me purpose in every way

Oh, you are my everything

The whole time I was singing I was thinking about Erin. I did and said some fucked up shit but I was angry. The sad thing is when it comes to her I knew she would forgive me but I don't deserve to be forgiven.

"You remember when we were in like third grade and we had that picnic? When no one wanted to hang with me because Tayne and I had gotten in that fight. I sat on the bench alone and you sat next to me. You held my hand and told me not to worry about them because you were here for me. I think that's when I started liking you Erin. But I don't just like you anymore. I love you and I am so sorry for everything. I really am." I said.

I stood and kissed her cheek then left out the door.

Nevaeh

I was packing up boxes. When Erin wakes up we will be moving to Tennessee. I know my baby is going to wake up. She's a fighter.

"Mommy I made Erin a get well card." She said holding up a pink paper.

"That's so sweet." I said.

"Get your shoes on so we can go visit her." I said.

She ran up the stairs. I continued to pack up the boxes when I stumbled across a photo album. It said Gang!

I opened it to see a lot of pics of the gang when we were younger. The main one I was focused on was a picture of me, Nadia, and River. We were standing by a window. If we looked hard enough you could see someone in the back ground.

I grabbed my pictures and started looking at them closely. Sure enough there was someone in the background. As I looked closer the person begin to look familiar. Finally it hit me.

Noah's dad.

I started looking at recent pictures. He was in all of them. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed Noah.

Noah: Sup?
Me: Your dad is the one after me.
Noah: How you know?
Me: I was looking through pictures and he was in the background of every single one of them.
Noah: Get Kennedy and meet at Tayvion's.
Me: Okay.

I hung up and packed a bag for me and Ken.

"Kennedy come on!" I yelled.

She ran down the stairs and we walked out the door. I made sure my alarm was on and locked the door. We got settled in the car and I began to drive towards Tayvion's.

"I thought we were going to visit Erin." Kennedy whined.

"I know I said that but maybe tomorrow." I said.

"Fine." She said quietly.

I pulled up at Tayvion's and he let me in.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said.

"Cadesha is here." He said.

I walked in the living room and gave my sister a hug.

"Hey boo!" She said.

"How's school?" I asked.

"It's decent. Got me a nigga and he finnnne." She said.

"All you care about." I said rolling my eyes.

I walked in the living room and saw everyone.

"Let's get to business." I said.

"When Erin wakes up you guys have to leave." Tayvion said.

"Go to Tennessee. Talk to Devin and he gone protect you." Noah said.

Devin was me and Tayvion's cousin. I swear I love him so much.

But this shit was too much. I just want a break. I just want happiness. I want peace and tranquility but it's so hard to get.

A/N sorry for the long ass wait. School and cheer been taking up my time😭😭