Prologue

I was running...fast. Not knowing what was ahead of me and eagerly trying to escape whatever was behind me.
I could see that my path was ending but I seemed too confident in my steps..and then it happened. I jumped off the cliff. I could tell I was nearing something black. The ground? No. Water? Nah. Right as panic started to set in I hit the black object.

I quickly opened my eyes noticing I was on the floor next to my bed. I hear my door fly open.

"Flora!" My mocha colored bestfriend sighed at the familiar sight. We lived together in this big beautiful home in the country.

I stood up rubbing my aching arm. I must have landed on it. "I jumped off a cliff this time Jezebel".

"Did you die?!" she asked a little too excitedly.

I slightly glowered at her question."No...I landed on something black...or dark. I can never tell since these dreams always tend to be in black and white."

"Well stop falling out of your bed" She folds her arms, trying to be her definition of bossy.

After joking with Jezebel for a bit I hop in the shower and my thoughts soon take control of my mind. Ever since I was assigned the title of Earth Valkyrie I haven't been the same. I sort of lost patience which is essential for a valkyrie. More importantly though, I lost touch with myself. But how couldn't I? The fate of Earthlings is kind of in my hands and I don't even have my companion.....

Thank you for reading the short prologue of Mine. This is my first book so bear with me. I will go more in detail about the significance of having a companion in the upcoming chapters. Again thank you for reading and please support me,comment,and vote.
** constructive criticism(EXCLUDING rudeness) is welcome. ☺