Chapter 6 Preston's True Colors

~Libby's P.O.V.~

I heard the door open, and I thought it was Quentin. I looked up to find no large man, but a much skinner, hotter man.

"Preston?" I questioned. "What's up?

Preston sighed. "Truth is, I've never had a slave before. I don't really want one, but I'm so lonely back home. My girlfriend dumped me. I just........I want to......I don't know.....Find love again? And you're the only single slave here...."

I smiled slightly. Preston was only looking for companionship. He was all alone now.

"I'll go with you," I said. His head, which had been cast downward, shot up. His brown eyes turned gold in surprise.

"What?" He asked softly.

I giggled and repeated, "I'll be your slave."

Preston's face lit up with a smile. "You're picking me over Jerome and Adam?"

I nodded. I didn't want to leave the guys, and the way Adam treated me made me feel wanted, but there was just something about Preston that drew me to him.

Preston smiled wider as I smiled back at him. He lifted me up from the hospital bed, thank God, and hugged me tight. I hugged back, though my gut was screaming. Preston let me go.

"Go back your stuff," He said. I nodded and slipped into the Slave Quarters. I only had a few things, mostly a pair of clothes and a Lapis Lazuli necklace given to me by a friend.

I ran into Natalie while I was leaving.

"Where are you going?" She asked, giving me a small hug. "Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"

"I chose Preston," I said. Nat's eyes went huge, but then narrowed.

"You're leaving Luna, Caitlin, and I here? Really?" She snarled. Her words were like poison, and inflictated damage.

"I'm sure he'll let me visit," I said, scared she'd hit me.

Natalie rolled her now tear filled eyes and ran away. I tried to run after her, but my stomach protested. I doubled over in pain, but was set upright by Ty.

"You alright?" He asked me. I nodded and stepped back from him. He sighed.

"Who'd you pick?" He asked, his voice sounding pained and hurt.

"P-Preston," I choked out. His eyes went huge, but didn't narrow like Nat's. His whole face fell and his eyes swelled with tears. He took off running, like Nat had done. I sighed and walked to the kitchen downstairs, where Preston was.

"I told the guys," He said with a sad smile. "They weren't too happy."

"Oh well," I shrugged. The guys were upset because I chose Preston? Well.....Whatever.....It's my choice.

Preston grabbed my hand, and instead of turning icy cold like it had against Ty's, it actually felt kind of warm. He dragged me to his car and helped me in. He got into the driver's side and drove off.

I watched the big mansion type of house dissappear from view. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

A/n: I tallied the votes. Jerome had 4. Preston had 5. Adam had 12. But, I decided, I have three fanfics about Adam out, I'll change this up a bit. Hope you guys like this.