Chapter 7 Deep Set Pain

~3rd Person~

Caitlin was cleaning up her side of the room when Mitch walked in. Luna, Tyler, Nat, Jason, Ty, and Adam were with him.

Caitlin turned and jumped slightly, not noticing the group in the room. "What's up?" She asked softly, as if she weren't supposed to speak.

Mitch sighed. "Adam, Ty, go ahead."

Ty sighed heavily, tears dripping down his face. He walked over to Libby's side of the room and picked up the soft Lapis blanket he had given her. He picked it up and, instead of handing it to Adam to burn, like they did when a slave died or was given away, he held it to his chest.

"What are you doing with Libby's blanket?" Caitlin asked. Natalie broke down and Jason held her strongly against his chest.

"Did she.......die?" Caitlin gulped, feeling tears prick at her eyes.

"No," Adam sighed. "But I wish she had. I have to live with the fact she chose Preston!" Adam's fist hit the wall on Luna's side of the room, busting a hole clear through to the next room, which was the infirmary.

Caitlin dropped the towel she had in her hand. Her best friend was gone?

"She......she chose Preston?" She mumbled.

Luna, trying her best not to be hurt by what she heard, went to her Emerald green blanket and fell down on it, not even muttering an ouch as her body hit the ground, even if it were slightly helped by the blanket.

Tyler sighed and went to reach out to Luna but she snapped on him, not even caring if she was to earn a slap for it.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" She yelled. Tyler snapped his hand bakc to his side.

Adam sighed. "Give me the banket Ty."

Ty held the blanket closer to him. He could smell Libby's sweet scent of peppermint radiate off of the blanket. Oh how he missed her.

"Give. Me. The. Blanket." Adam hissed, his eyes black with thirst and rage.

Ty's eyes turned a deep shade of purple. "Hell no Adam. I'm keeping it."

"Why? So you can abuse it as if it were Libby?" Adam shouted. Ty's eyes hardened into a glare.

"Just leave me the f*** alone Adam! I never meant to hurt Libby! It was all Jocelyn! I LOVED LIBBY SINCE THE DAY I BOUGHT HER YOU @$$HOLE!" His words echoed throughout the whole house.

"Well so have I," Adam said in a low tone. "And now she's gone." He left the room. Ty only buried his face into the plush blanket and sobbed into it.

Caitlin, still fathoming the fact that her best friend was gone, probably for good, she slowly leaned against the wall and slid down it. Mitch knelt down next to her.

"It's gonna be OK," He whispered, placing his hand on her shoulder. She neither shook it off or wanted it there.

"Hit me," She whispered, and Mitch looked at her in shock.

"What?" He whispered.

"Hit me so I can focus on a different kind of pain." She said again, a tad bit louder then before. No one knew the pain she, or Nat, or Luna, had felt in her heart when she heard Libby was gone. The only one to possibly mimic her pain was Ty, or maybe even Adam. But no one could feel it as deeply as she did, because her best friend was gone, and not coming back.