PART TWO: Welcome Home

PART TWO

---------------------

The water lapped at the base of the bridge, grabbing greedily at the air as it made sickening noises. The water in this river was murky and muddy, famous for its great depths and rapid currents. Life on the river side had always been full of adventured for the little lakeside girl. Every now and then massive hurricane like storms would devastate the town and let the river lose. But the river that would destroy also brought life to the woods that lined the banks. Draca looked down at her tiny feet, the gates of Asgard fifty paces to her back. Her black robes fluttering in the chilling breeze.

"One...Two...Three..." She kept looking down at her feet through the slips between her fingers. Hide and seek had always been her favourite game and she never lost. There was a noisy rustle behind her and a rock flew threw the air.

"No peeking! Draca that's cheating!" a soft voice laced with a sweet British accent came from the tree line. "Let me at least hide first!"

"Fine" Her voice trailed on the last syllable before she covered her eyes. "Nine.. Ten.. HERE I COME" She spun around in a flurry releasing her fingers from around her grey eyes.

Draca tiptoed over the maze of sharp rocks and timber as she hunted for her friend. There was the crisp snap of a branch and she was off, strait into the unknown of the woods, away from the doorstep of Asgaurd, and after Loki.

----------------------

Draca opened her eyes to find herself on the stones of a shoreline she did not recognize and at the gates of a strange land. She lifted herself up, and there was a man laying next to her. She nudged him awake.

'Were there a few kids playing here just now? They ran into the woods, and i dont think that is safe." She looked worryingly at the man infront of her. "There could be wolves in the woods, we have to do something" She looked at him, and she did not recognize him, although he was very familiar.

"Draca, that was a memory."He grabbed her hand and smiled. "That was when we first met eachother, remember? And you convinced me to play hid and seek with you?" He pulled himself up and sweetly raised her hand to his lips and kissed them. "You are finally back home, where you belong, and I am here." He motioned to the gates of Asgaurd and to the dense woods that the memory had fled into.

The beautiful memories overcame her in a rush of warmth and pleasure, everything was turning out for the better now. Hot tears rushed down the side of her face, she was out of the turmoil that had made up the past week.

"Loki, is that really you?" She buried herself into his leather robes, and he protectivly rested his freehand upon the small of her back. "No more nets, no more needles." She inquired.

"My love, I promise, you are safe now and no one will ever hurt you again." 

"But..." The days before came back to her, from him handing her over, to his proposal. "You promised me that before, and you let me down, how can i ever believe i can trust you again?" She pulled away from him, but weakness soon over came her body, and she fell back into his lap.

"You are in no state to quarrel with me now." A smirk crossed his face," We will talk about all that on a later date, but now we have to get you fixed up and healthy again." He started to stand up, carefully picking her up in his arms. For such a weak looking man, his strength was astounding.

"What even happend to me, Loki?" She held up her ams, covered in a maze work of dried blood and IV exit holes. 

"You were very sick, and we had to pull all the vile energy out of your body." He began walking to the gates of the floating city. Draca wrapped her arms around his neck, looking back into the space that held the only home she really knew. "It almost killed you, even I thought you were dead."

"I just remember giving up." She held him tighter. "Loki, im scared."

"I promise you that as long as i am here, and as long as you trust me, no harm will come to you again. But, as I already said, we have to get you help from more sophisticated doctors than those on earth, and to do that we have to get to my old room." A massive grin raced across his handsome face, "We are going to have to use a little magic." A green screen of light overcame him and he became a carbon copy of his brother, Thor. "This will get us into the castle unnoticed." 

"Why all the illusions and sneaking around?" Draca looked up at the broad sholdered man who replaced her Loki. 

"Im not in good terms with the family at the moment, but once we get what i need, we can leave and head back to the out-lands of Asgaurd. There we will be truly safe." He Turned back into Loki, "There, we will be happy." In that moment he leaned his head down and kissed her. A filling warmth overcame her body and she knew as long as she was in his arms she would be OK. He pulled away, changing once again into Thor. 

"Now let's go visit the family." He said in a mocking tone as they drew closer to the palace doors. "Be on your best behavior Draca, and follow my lead."

Their new adventure had just taken flight on Asgaurd. 

"Im home, Father."