Howls and Melodic Choruses

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me.I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free.Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart,drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart.

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in.You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"- Florence + Machine 

Pads over the sharp stone. I could feel my chest heaving, falling in dramactic waves. My body begging for more oxygen. I could feel the rush, it started at the tip of my tail and ran all the way to the tip of my nose. I was clueless as to where i was heading, all i could remember was pain, and i had to escape. 

Faster. Faster. Faster.

The simplicity that was my mind was amazing. I had a grasp of who i used to be, was it possible that i used to run on two legs? I did not have the slightest idea. I tossed my head back as i ran, feeling the cool mountain air rush by me.  Running though my fur, it felt like the mountains were kissing me, sharing secrets.It felt as though i was flying, with every stride i took i gained more speed. 

Where even was I?

I skid to a sharp stop, digging up the soft earth under me. I looked at my paws, up to my furry knees, my fur was soaked in a deep mud. My under belly even had bits of earth clinging on. I shook my head, massive ears flopping. Then I felt it. I tilted my head, and looked at my chest, there was a black spot in the center that was dripping blood.

Blood.

My own Blood.

I tried to lick it up, but my attempts were futile. All i could feel was a sharp pain that would not go away. But the longer i stood in one place the more edgy i got. Shifting from paw to paw. I was a mess. I ran around in circles trying to ease the energy inside. I really needed to wash off. Maybe there was a lake or some sort on the other side of the mountain. 

*grummmble* A noise was coming from my stomach. I leaned down and nipped at my side. I was starving. A snarl escaped out of my muzzle. I lifted my snout to the sky, there was the smell of campfire just over the hill. I needed food first. Food then bath. Perfect.

I let my head fall back, muzzle strait for the sky. I sang a sad melancholy howl. I  sang it for a decent amount of time. I was almost positive it would carrie for miles. Did i belong to a pack? Maybe they were looking for me. I howled once more for them, this time with more of a whine. I was lonely. I felt like i was missing something drastically important to me.

I brushed that idea off. My mind could not comprehend that, and i got a headache. I picked up my paws and ran to the top of the hill. The hill was covered with massive boulders. I took long leaps, jumping from rock to rock to scale the massive hill. I felt to majestic, so perfect. My body moving like a well oiled machine.

I got to the top in no time. I put my belly to the earth, shoulders haunched, and hind legs ready to pounce. What i saw in-front of me was unfamiliar. There was a campfire and a boy. No more than sixteen, he had brown hair and was rather scrawny.

My. Prey. Perfect.

I wiggled a little, then with the speed of a silver bullet i made my ambush complete. I was upon him in no time, taking him with utter surprise. He was under my massive body, trying to kick and escape. His screams utterly hopeless and pointless. I looked down at him. Icy blue eyes met sullen blue. he looked so familiar. Then he did the unthinkable. He touched me.

"You came back..." He lifted his hand up, stroking my neck and the spot that was bleeding. he had a look of worry on his eyes. His hair fell in a messy swoop across his face. "I can help you.. Dont you remember me? I helped you out of the ice." he put his hand down his shirt and took out a necklace with a little wolf on it. He went to my neck, and found a necklace, but on mine was a heart shaped emerald stone.