The reaping part 2

Cody's Pov

     Great there wasn't bunch of demeter kids. Last time a child of Demeter won was like 2001. She went crazy though. I mean you cant blame her. She was for some reason public target number one and she knew it. I would go crazy if I fell out of trees when fire spread. Also if I broke an ankle running from a manticore. Or when she killed four people at once. Actually she didn't kill them. They killed themselves. She ducked and they happened to stab each other. It was actually funny. But not at the same time.

    A goddess was walking up. It was my mother Demeter. She wore a dress of leaves and vines. Her voice was soft and didn't boom like Zeus's or Poseidon's. "Hello. I am the goddess Demeter." She said. "I will choose two tributes like the other two did. Starting with the males." She walked to a bowl and picked a peice of paper. She opened and read, "Cody Absher." I was shocked. Not really sure why. I had a good chance to be picked. A girl named Meg McCarthy was picked when she was my age last year. She died in a forest... Ironic. I walked up to the platform. Demeter walked to the other bowl and picked a peice of paper. When she opened it she seemed horrified. She seemed to wisper "I'm sorry." She took a deep breath. "Hailey Absher." I wanted to cry. My twin. Out of all people my twin. Hailey was like the size of a stick.

     Hailey walked up and stood by Demeter crying. I could tell if she really was sad or if she was trying to get somebody to volunteer for her. Or both. Nibody volunteered. "You guys shake hands to greet each other." I handed her my hand but she didnt take it. She walked to the seat for tributes. I stood there looking like and idiot. I walked to the seats and sat down wanting to know why she didn't shake my hand.

Kiera's Pov

      Yes my favorite time of year. The Demigod games! Every year there is a volunteer from the Ares cabin. I am hopefully going to be that volunteer. I heard stories of an Aphrodite girl that went crazy during the games that she won after she ate someone's throat. And once a child of Ares took everybody's eyes once they were dead.

      I am not going to do anything like that. I am just going to hurt people and hope they die. Most children of Ares despise me for not wanting blood. Oh well what are you going to do about it? I mean yes I want to compete but I don't necessarily want to kill people who don't deserve to die.

     I remember that I am go into the games and I have to kill or hurt people to win. I shudder at the thought. A guy walks up to the pedestals. He was Ares. My dad was very mad but glad I didn't posses most of his traits. "Hi fools. I am Ares the God of war. The demigod games was my idea. So if my children don't win I go berserk." He said. With that two bowls appeared. He walked over to one and drew a peice of paper. "Colton Dollins!" He boomed. There was oddly no volunteers. A paler muscular guy walked up. Colton stood next to Ares. Ares walked to the other bowl and drew a piece of paper. "Dawn Mendez!" He boomed. Before she even got up me and three other girls stood up and yelled, "I volunteer!" Dawn finally stood up and turned around to look at us. She looked bewildered to see me standing up then she had a devilish grin. "Three volunteers!" Ares boomed. "Those are my girls. Well now, Dawn, choose one of these three ladies to be your volunteer.  She looked around and spoke. "Kiera Harrison." She said.

     I grinned and walked up there. The other girls sat down disappointed. When I got up there Ares asked, "What is your name?" "Kiera Harrison." Me and Colton shook hands and sat down.

Word count: 698