Part 2

"Liam, son; how are you this evening?"

The 22-year-old young man looked up once he'd sat at the bar; smiling straight away at the friendly, older man that was the bartender at the local bar near where he lived. He'd had the longest day ever at the construction site with his father and quite obviously needed some rest. However, his mind was running wild with thoughts.

On his way back around to his neighborhood, he had dropped by the home of his now ex-girlfriend, Sophia, to drop off the remainder of her things that he'd boxed up from his apartment that morning and taken with him so he could drop them off on the way home. Once he'd reached her house and got out, she begged him for a second chance which he refused straight away as he didn't want anything to do with her. As a result, she'd begun crying and as soon as her father came down the stairs, she'd made it out like Liam had been horrible to her and had shoved her into the door and grabbed her arms. Liam immediately tried to defend himself against the accusations and explain that they weren't true, but Sophia's father was having none of it – warning him that he would have him thrown in jail if anything were to happen again. Now, Liam was slightly concerned, especially due to the fact that Sophia's father was a very powerful lawyer that could ruin someone's life with the click of his fingers.

"I've had better days, Scott," Liam replied, "Just a beer, please."

"Long day at the job?" Scott wondered as he rummaged through the refrigerator for a bottle of beer. He and his wife were good friends with the Payne family and often saw Liam as a nephew or something since they'd known him since he was a child.

"No more than normal; just the ex-girlfriend not wanting to be civil about things." Liam sighed, his gaze narrowing slightly. Scott gave a sympathetic smile as he put the drink down in front of Liam.

"I told you, any offspring of Joe Smith is trouble because he's trouble." He told him, patting his shoulder. Liam chuckled slightly as he took a swig of his beer.

"Alright don't be too harsh," he playfully warned, "She was fine while we were at first dating, but I just got sick of the accusations and then she was being sneaky as well, so I just couldn't cope anymore. I just want someone who loves me for me and isn't worried about my paycheck, you know what I mean. I don't have much; I just work in construction with my dad and I love what I do – sucks that she couldn't accept that."

"Well son, as long as you love what you do then who cares what anyone else thinks? You're a hardworking boy, mind; and we're all proud of you." Scott sweetly replied. Liam smiled, nodding his head and thanking him before drinking some more of his beer.

He and Scott chatted for a little while longer; Scott telling Liam all about a recent trip to Greece he'd taken with his wife, as well as other things that he'd been up to as well. Liam also filled Scott in on a recent showcase he'd done at a nearby studio; it being no secret that Liam had talent and wanted to be a singer even though he did love his job. However, everyone had lots of faith in Liam and knew he could make it if he put his mind to it as he was a very amazing, determined young man with a lot of potential.

Once he finished off his beer, Liam bid the friendly bartender farewell before leaving out to head on home. He was glad to have had a bit of a drink to clear his head from the shit with Sophia, but he still hoped she nor her father would try anything that would get him in trouble. He had always been a good guy for the most part, so besides little squabbles with other students when he was a child, he had a pretty clean record.

Liam sighed as he got into his car, leaning his head back against the headrest as he took a moment to collect his thoughts. Sometimes he just wanted to run away for a bit; maybe go somewhere far away and just relax and get away from the drama. As he started the engine to his car to head home, his phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out, frowning in confusion as he got a text from an unknown number.