Chapter 2

I slammed open the door to my class and walked inside, oblivious to the amused faces staring at me whilst my teacher judged my every move with raised eyebrows.

"Let me guess... the train was late? Your fish died?" Thunders of laughter escaped from my classmate's mouths before I could reply. I felt my cheeks burn as I stared at a handsome boy next to Mr Algar, who was towering beside sir with a straight face. He stared straight ahead, looking agitated, as though he hated me already. I immediately felt intimated by this boy, yet interested in him. "This is Oliver." My teacher could clearly notice me staring at him, and I instantly felt my cheeks burn as I quickly looked away. Oliver looked down at me and immediately I felt myself having to stare at him again, but this time into his eyes. "I'm guessing you recognise him?"

I stared at him in silence, confused as to what he meant. "No?" Was my reply. 

Mr Algar let out a sigh and gestured for me to sit back down. I obeyed, pretending to not notice when Oliver stared at me again. I focused on my feet as my head remained lowered. 

"He is a very successful gymnast." Mr Algar told the class, although I knew that it was mainly aimed at me, for everyone in my class seemed to know him already, especially the girls.

Just as I was about to turn around to face sir, I caught a glimpse of Jake and felt my heart race with anxiety when I realised that he must have caught me staring at Oliver. I know Jake, he doesn't like to express his feelings publicly, but when given the chance, they will all come out at once. I could do something as simple as laugh at a boys joke and it would infuriate him.

"Maia, turn around." My cheeks burned as I turned around to face my teacher, only to see Oliver look at me in what seemed like amusement. "Give the poor guy some privacy." His face turned to Oliver, and then back at me. "Oliver, why don't you take a seat next to her?" Mr Algar offered, giving him a little push. 

Oliver obeyed, slowly walking towards me with his hands pushed into his trouser pockets. His lean body slumped down onto his chair before his eyes stared at the wall in front of him. 

"Hey, it's nice to meet you."

He turned his head to give me a faint smile before turning his tired gaze towards our teacher. I couldn't help but feel excited over our little exchange. I wanted to know more about this boy, yet couldn't bring myself to ask questions. 

Just as I plucked up the courage to ask him something, the bell rang. Oliver instantly jumped out of his seat and walked out of the room. I was about to follow him but felt a hand grab my wrist. 

"Ouch!" I squealed, turning around to glare at Jake. He didn't say anything, but simply looked straight past me and walked away, pulling me with him.

He pulled me to our little hideout and sat down, a large sigh escaping from his chapped lips as his tired head dropped forwards. He was slumped against the wall, his windswept locks flaked with snowy dandruff, and his bangs obscuring his eyes like a sheep dog. Despite his messy appearance, his hair remained thick and luxurious, his bouncy waves defying gravity with equal contempt. 

Jake looked up and gestured for me to sit beside him. "C'mon," he groaned, his voice coarse. I held his hand and felt surprised by his strong grip, a reminder of the control which he held over me. I allowed him to gently pull me towards his torso as his sensitive brown eyes intensely gazed into mine. They were full of love, compassion, kindness. At this moment he was the boy I had known when we first met. 

"You look so beautiful." He whispered, slowly leaning his head towards mine. I did the same and listened to his deep, relaxed breaths. In all truth, I wasn't ready for us to begin, but before I could withdraw my mind from feelings of uncertainty, his arms were around me, softly pulling me towards his body and leaving me like putty in his control. 

His lips touched mine and instantly I felt like my 15 year old self when I first met Jake. Naive, wide-eyed and innocent. I had such a pure fascination of life and managed to see the good in whoever I met. But now I was simply a doll who Jake played with whenever he felt the need. 

A rush of helplessness ran through me as his insistent mouth parted my desperate lips, teasing me and leaving me wanting more. I stayed staring at him, trying my best to ignore the excitement which begged to be noticed. With an impatient riggle, I pressed my mouth to his and kissed him repeatedly, allowing him to fiercely push me on top of his body as he lay across the ground. Our breaths became shallow and our eyes full of wonder. Whimpers of anticipation left my mouth as I trailed my fingers across Jake's muscular body and allowed his wide hands to gently grasp my neck. We both knew we couldn't resist the thoughts that went through us. Our senses were flooded, emotions overwhelmed. We could no longer think straight. His grip around my neck grew tighter, and in an instant, I found myself gasping for air. The familiar sense of fear Jake brings me crept into my senses,  a reminder that the man I love with is not to be trusted. But I couldn't help myself, I was intoxicated in infatuation and lusted for more.