Chapter 7

After the bell rang to dismiss class, Jake had stormed out following an argument with the teacher, and I couldn't help but stare at him in worry when I found him catch a girl's eye, causing them both to smile cheesily at each other. Jake cheating on me has always been at the back of my mind. Some days I never see him for he's out all night, and others he seems to be on the phone for hours talking to what seems like a girl. The girl who had caught my boyfriend's attention had bright blonde hair like mine, and tanned, glowing skin. He certainly has a type. But unlike me, she was tall, confident and cheerful looking. My eyes glared into hers in jealousy. The thought of her sharing a bed with my boyfriend made my cheeks burn in fury. But before I could observe her even further, she had walked away with my boyfriend beside her, her eyes gazing into his as she nodded to whatever he was saying. 

"Don't overthink it." I jumped in shock and turned around to see Oliver behind me. "He'd be an idiot to choose her over you."

My cheeks burned a deep red as I felt his soft hand touch my arm, and burned even further when he whispered: "C'mon, I need to show you something."

I looked up at him in question as he remained to stare into my eyes, a soft chuckle escaping from his mouth. He nodded towards the door before walking away, leaving me staring at his figure in bewilderment, shocked by his kindness. 

Before I knew it I was leaving the school and eventually walking towards a beautiful lake which stretched across a field full of flowers and butterflies. The air smelt fresh and for once I noticed how clear and blue the sky was. 

"I used to go here with my mother everyday." He smiled as he walked around, clearly taking everything in as his eyes shone with a love so pure it made me emotional. "I've been too scared to go since."

"Why?" 

Oliver suppressed a sigh and stopped walking. His eyes stared at the sky in sorrow, whilst his arm covered them from the strong rays of the sun. "She was all I had." Instantly, I knew what had happened, and I regretted even asking. "She died."

"I'm so sorry..." I whispered, despite knowing that those words were no help to him at all. I walked up towards him and grabbed his hand in an attempt to be of comfort. His eyes stared at our hands, and then at me. 

For a moment the world around us had stopped. The sound of birds chirping had been muted, or the gentle trickle of the water which ran through the lake. His eyes were a gorgeous green, a glimmering emerald green. The kind of green that pushed its way through piles of gritty snow to remind you that spring was coming.  Deep, intelligent green, providing a sharp contrast to the rich blue sky behind him.

Looking into his eyes always caused me to feel a certain way, as though I was floating on a cloud or in a vivid but dazed dream. It's an emotion I had never felt before, not with Jake or any other boyfriend I've had. It was a different type of love.

Oliver's eyes then turned to my lips, and instantly I knew my life was about to change from this very moment. My body burned with a desire to feel his lips meet mine as I watched his head lean closer towards me, fighting the smile which was burning to appear. When his lips pressed against my own my heart pounded inside my chest, banging and begging to get out. His soft hand touched my cheek as he remained kissing me. It was almost addictive, although I knew I shouldn't, I desperately wanted to stay in this moment continuously until I couldn't take anymore. I passionately kissed him back and felt his lips brush against mine, as though he was teasing me, leaving me demanding for more. At this moment I knew it would be the right time to pull away before I allowed myself to get completely lost in my feelings. But I could no longer think straight, all I could focus on was my selfish needs. 

"Maia..." He whispered when our eyes met after stopping for a split second to let out a cheesy grin. My name had never felt so special before, had never felt so meaningful and significant. Our foreheads touched as we started kissing again. This time his hand was on my hip and my hand had made it's way up his shirt to press on his defying abs. Now our kiss was more fierce, fiery, passionate. 

I had given up. I was too in love to do what Jake wanted me to. For once in my live, I went against the rules and did what I wanted to. And nothing had ever felt so right.

 And nothing had ever felt so right