Chapter Thirteen

"Hide at the corner and don't come out."
"They are here. Bring them back."
"Please stop! Don't hurt him!"

Seong Im's eyes were shut tight. She gripped the blanket as the blurry images flashed through her head. Tears escaped from the corner of her eyes.

"No! Please don't!"

She turned her head from side to side before shooting up straight in bed. She fumbled for the lamp switch beside her bed and turned it on. She grabbed her phone and called Hee Gun.

"Seong Im-yah.." Hee Gun answered. He was in the middle of his sleep when he was awoken by the vibration and ringing of his phone.

"Can you come over right now? Please.." She shouted into the phone.

Hearing her panic voice followed by her crying, he felt fully awake in an instant. She wouldn't explain what happened over the phone. All she was saying was telling him to hurry up.

Hee Gun grabbed his wallet, put on his shoes and rushed off to her house. He didn't had the time to change out of his singlet.

He pressed the bell a few times but she didn't come out. Afraid and worried that something bad has happen to her, he climbed over the gate and ran to the door. He twisted the knob to see if the door was lock and it wasn't. He was hoping that it wasn't what he expect it to be.

He pushed the door wide open and rushed inside while calling her name at the same time. When he finally reached the outside of her room, he pushed down the door handle and swung it open. He found her sitting on the bed with her knees brought up to her chest. He strode towards her and sat beside her. Tears were steaming down her cheeks. He wrapped his arms around her body and brought her into his embrace. Seong Im hugged him tightly.

"It felt so real. I was really scared." she said in between sobs.

He touched her head and then shift his hand to her back and gently patted her. He could only wait for her to calm down to know what exactly  happened. When he heard the sound of her sobs gradually stopping, he held onto both sides of her shoulders and pulled back.

"Can you tell me what happened now?" He said softly in a calm voice and brushed her hair away from her face, tucking them behind her ears.

She swallowed down a sob and looked at him, her hands grabbing his wrists. "I had a nightmare. The same nightmare for the past three days.  There were a few people. Their faces were all fuzzy and blur but  I could hear their voices." She paused and her eyes darted across his face.

"Someone tried to r.. rape me." She mumbled and broke down again.

Hee Gun understood what she was saying. The fact that she thought it was a nightmare was enough to show that bits and pieces of her memory were returning and it would be sooner or later when her memory returns completely.

"Listen, it's just a nightmare. It isn't real." He stroked her cheek, wiping away the tears and said. He had to put on an act to prevent her from knowing the truth.

"You have to work tomorrow. Go back to sleep, everything will be fine." He helped her to lie back down on the bed and tucked her under the blanket.

"Stay.. Please.." She mumbled.

Hee Gun leaned in to plant a kiss on her cheek and held her hand. "I will stay by your side."

Forever.

***

Author's Note

Just a short update! Getting excited to write the next few chapters as the story progresses. Hope you guys are as excited as I am! :D