Chapter Sixteen

It was the weekend and Seong Im's off day as well. She made plans to spend the day with Hee Gun. When he reached her house, she was still busy getting ready. It wasn't that she was slow, Hee Gun arrived earlier than the time they agreed to meet.

He walked around the house while waiting for Seong Im. Stopping in front of the fridge, he noticed that the brown leaf was no longer there. She probably threw it away, he thought to himself and walked towards her room.

The door was wide open. He stood outside and knocked on the door. "Will be done in a minute," she said and sprayed the floral scented perfume on the underside of her wrists and her neck.

Hee Gun looked at the long sleeves shirt and denim jeans that she was wearing. She still doesn't feel comfortable exposing the scars on her arms and legs in public. He just hope that she will not care about how others look at her.

Seong Im took her bag and sling it over her shoulder. "I'm ready. Let's go," she said, and hook her arm in his.

***

Hee Gun bought two tickets to a comedy movie even though he wasn't a fan of it. He just want to spend the day watching and doing what Seong Im likes.

It has been awhile since Hee Gun stepped foot into a movie theater. He couldn't and didn't had the time to do so since working in the organization meant that the routine were always almost the same and every moves were monitored.

Hee Gun carried the bucket of popcorn and cup of drink while Seong Im lead the way to their seats. She squealed with excitement as the movie was about to start.

Throughout the movie, the whole theater was filled with laughter. Hee Gun glanced at Seong Im a few times. He likes the way she looks when she's engrossed in the movie and the infectious laughter that she breaks into whenever something funny appeared on the screen. He looked at her hand on the armrest and held it before turning back to face the screen.

Seong Im was laughing so much that when the movie ended, her eyes were watery as though she just cried.

"It was a good movie, isn't it?" She asked.

Hee Gun smiled in response; he couldn't answer. He wasn't paying attention to the show. He was only thinking about her.

"Let's have some bingsu," Hee Gun pointed to the bingsu cafe and pulled her along before she could answer him.

They ordered a injeolmi bingsu and sat down at the table by the window. Seong Im scooped a spoonful of shaved ice into her mouth, her eyes were glued to what was happening outside. There was a huge field just outside the cafe. A few groups were playing a game of frisbee. What attracted her attention was people flying kites at the other side of the field.

"Do you want to fly a kite?" Hee Gun noticed that and asked.

"No, it's fine." She half-smiled and shifted her gaze to the bingsu.

Hee Gun wiped his mouth and got up from his seat.

"Let's go," he said and took her bag.

"But we're not done eating yet." Seong Im replied.

Without replying her, Hee Gun grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the cafe. He bought one kite and walked with her to an empty spot in the field.