Chapter Thirty Two

The sun was still not up yet when Hee Gun appeared outside her house. Of course, Seong Im wasn't pleased that her sleep was disrupted. She reluctantly get up and dragged her feet to the door, and opened it.

"Who are you looking for?" She mumbled in her groggy state, not aware that the person was Hee Gun.

"It's me," Hee Gun said.

Seong Im rubbed her eyes and blinked her eyes to focus. "Why are you here? Go back home." She mumbled and attempt to close the door. Hee Gun held his palm on the door and stopped her from shutting it.
"Let me in. I promise I won't disturb you."

She ran her fingers through her hair and let go of the door handle. "Close the door. I'm going back to bed." She grumbled and went back to her room.
Hee Gun shut the door and settle himself down on the sofa. He didn't plan to come to her before dawn breaks but it was due to something unexpected that led him to change his mind.

-

Thirty minutes ago..

Hee Gun was about to enter the car when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see Jong Kook standing behind him.

Hee Gun pushed the car door close and looked at him. "I'm not going to leave her. How many times do I have to tell you that?" He was tired of seeing either Jong Kook or Dong Hoon appearing in front of him to tell him to leave Seong Im.

"Be sure to stay with her even during the police interrogation," Jong Kook ignored his question and said.

Hee Gun's eyes widened and he drew his eyebrows together. The fact that Jong Kook had been secretly listening to their conversation was more than enough for Hee Gun to feel a sense of uneasiness, especially when it concerns Seong Im.

"What are you scheming right now?" He questioned, suspiciously.

"Just giving you an advice. Whether to listen or not, it's your choice." Jong Kook tucked his hands into his side pockets and walk away.

Hee Gun got into his car and pondered over what Jong Kook said as he drives home. What if someone is trying to harm her now? Hee Gun frowned at his own thought and abruptly stepped on the brake. His car was the only car on the road. He did a u-turn even though there was a sign which stated that a u-turn wasn't allowed and headed to Seong Im's house.

-

Now that he saw Seong Im was perfectly safe, he was relieved but he don't understand why Jong Kook didn't come and take her away when he had heard their conversation. Not that he wants that to happen, he just find it strange that Jong Kook didn't do what he usually would. What was even more puzzling was what he said. To stay with her? What was he trying to hint?

A million of questions were running through his head but he couldn't come up with an answer for any of it. He lied down on the sofa and stared at the clock. Tick-tock, tick-tock went the clock. He closed his eyes and listen to the slow, steady rhythm of the ticking sound, and gradually fall asleep.

***

Her alarm rang, jolting her awake. She moved her hand across the bedsheet, trying to feel for her phone. When she found it, she swiped across the screen to turn off the alarm. Picking herself off the bed, she went into the bathroom to wash up and had a quick shower.

She could hear Hee Gun snoring when she stepped out of her room. She sat down on the floor, next to the sofa and gazed longingly at him. She was still slightly mad at him but it was still hard to resist looking at that peaceful face. He still looks so cool when he's asleep.