Chapter Fourteen

Mini red lanterns hung at the edge of the awning. Red lacquered screens lined the front of the restaurant. Just right in front of the entrance stood a hostess behind a podium. She was dressed in a white qipao with blue floral embroidery and her hair was neatly tied up in a bun.

"Welcome. Table for how many, sir?" She greeted with her hands clasped together in front.

"Someone is waiting for me inside." Hee Gun replied.

"May I know the name?" The hostess asked.

"Ji Suk Jin ssi." The hostess nodded, seemingly aware of who he was referring to. She led him inside the restaurant and pointed to the direction of the VIP room.

Hee Gun approached the room and saw Dong Hoon standing guard at the door. "Wait here." he told Hee Gun. Dong Hoon slid the door open and close it before informing his boss that Hee Gun had arrived. With a hand gesture, signaling that he was allowed to enter, Dong Hoon slid the door open again and told Hee Gun to go in.

Hee Gun's eyes were first greeted by the sight of Jong Kook. His gaze then shifted down to Suk Jin sitting at the table with a teapot and a teacup in front of him.

"I thought you said you wouldn't be coming?" Suk jin started off in a sarcastic tone.

"About the letter. What do you mean by that?" Hee Gun asked.

-
Flashback

"Hyung-nim wants to meet you."

"I won't meet him."

"Perhaps you will change your mind after reading this." Dong Hoon handed him a envelope and left. Hee Gun opened it and took out a piece of paper inside.

Hee Gun,

You must be really happy now that you're free from the organization. I must say, my biggest mistake was to kick you out. If only I could still control you, I wouldn't have to resort to these methods. You refused to budge even after several warnings, being stubborn like always. Both of you are like ticking time bombs. I've been thinking maybe, just maybe, I should kill the both of you and that would be the end of my worries. Whether you choose to meet me or not, it's your own choice but don't regret if you choose not to.

Suk Jin
-

"If you're smart enough to be here, you should be smart enough to understand the content of the letter." Suk Jin smirked.

"Ah I forgot to tell you. Dong Hoon is on his way to meet her. If you get what I mean." He added.

Hee Gun's gaze flicked. He stared at him, anger filling his eyes. He stormed towards Suk Jin only to be blocked by Jong Kook. He pinned Hee Gun against the wall with his forearm pressing against his neck.

"Don't be too rough on him. He used to be one of us afterall." Suk Jin remarked.

"Cut the hypocrite act." Hee Gun shouted.

"Two choices, pick one. Leave her or watch her get killed." Suk Jin said.

Hee Gun clenched his fists tightly. He would really strangle him if Jong Kook wasn't preventing him from doing so.

"I can't guarantee what will Dong Hoon do to her if you're taking a long time to answer such a simple question." Suk Jin pour some tea into the teacup and took a sip.

As much as he really don't want to, nothing is more important than her life. "I'll leave her." He uttered. "But I'll need a week to settle it and there's a condition." He continued.

"And what would that be?" Suk Jin stood up and walked towards him.

"Promise that you won't hurt her after I leave her."