ı 15 ı Sacrifices Galore

˙ ˙ ˙

"If I could see the future and how this plays out, I bet it's better than where we are now."

˙ ˙ ˙

DESPITE HOW much I hate the alternative to wash away grief by turning the switch, never mind having done it myself, I can't say that humanity less Elena is all that bad. 

For one, she doesn't complain anymore. Two, she doesn't really annoy me anymore as a person, which is saying a lot. I like her like this, but I also know that this isn't her, and seeing her like this is hurting Caroline and my brothers.

That is precisely the reason why Damon decided to take her to New York, where she could spend a day away from people and have fun at the same time. So that left the rest of us here, searching for all the possibilities of where Katherine went with the cure. Not to mention, Bonnie has gone AWOL with Professor Shane, with Silas now walking around a free man.

"I just got off the phone with Sheriff Forbes this morning," Stefan says, joining us in the living room. "She says the entire blood bank is cleaned out."

"And what? You're accusing us? Why don't you question Elena?" I say, holding Theo in my lap.

"I'm not accusing anyone, but there has to be a reason for the disappearance of a whole storage room of blood," Stefan says, looking at us for any possible ideas.

"You two are the rippers, you tell me," Joel says casually, taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Nice, Joel," James scolds his brother. 

Surprisingly, I've been alright these past few weeks in terms of my cravings given how bad it was. I'm happy to say I'm no longer hoarding empty blood bags in my bathroom tub. James helped Stefan and I for a while with rationing and eventually I gained my control back as did Stefan. Being with James has also helped keep me distracted. 

"Who else could it be?" Stefan asks. 

"Silas," I whisper, making the whole room go silent.

Joel nearly spits out his coffee, his eyes watering as he chokes on it. "What?" he croaks.

"Silas, it has to be. Think about it; who would need that much blood after spending thousands of years locked up?" I ask, putting the pieces together.

"Detective Salvatore, back at it again," Joel sneers, as I send him a glare.

"I think you've got a little bit of red still in your hair," I tease, pointing to the side of his head where his hair is slightly stained from the prank I pulled the other day. Joel only glares at me as James and I laugh, but soon our attention is directed to the front door as a certain somebody walks in.

"Hope I'm not interrupting something, but I'm afraid this is urgent," Klaus says, storming into the living room.

"Did Klaus Mikaelson finally get his head out of his ass?" Joel jokes.

Klaus growls. "No, I just had a run in with Professor Shane, AKA Silas," he says, immediately changing the mood.

"What are you saying? That he's in Mystic Falls?" James questions.

"That's exactly what I'm saying, and the fact that your little Bennett Witch has been brainwashed by the bastard isn't helping much either," Klaus says lowly, his tone clearly panicked. I can see just how much everyone fears Silas, and I'm beginning to get edgy. If Klaus Mikaelson himself is scared of Silas, then I know we're in trouble.