hostility

Riley didn't reply, as she nervously stood on the staircase. She held the hairbrush tightly in her grip as Lucas chuckled in amusement.

"Now, tell me," Lucas said, as he motioned for her to come down the stairs, "What in the living hell are you doing here?"

Riley slowly treaded down the stairs, not meeting his glance. "Lucas, if you would just let me leave, this won't-"

"Oh, no, no, no," Lucas shook his head, "You broke into my penthouse. I should be calling the cops right now, but here I am, giving you a chance to explain yourself."

Riley bit her lip, unsure of what she was supposed to say or do.

Lucas impatiently spoke up, "Maybe I should ask some questions. What are you doing with the hairbrush? Clearly, it must be Farkle's because mine are never such a mess."

Riley stopped herself from rolling her eyes. She cleared her throat, "I promise to leave and never come back if you would just let me-"

"I don't think so," Lucas shook his head, with a smirk on his face.

Outside in the hallway, Maya was hesitating over what she was to do. Was she supposed to go in or was she just supposed to wait?

She knew she couldn't just walk in with baby Nathan. That wouldn't end well.  But she couldn't just leave Riley there alone.

Maya looked down at Nathan's cute face and sighed. At least it wasn't Farkle in there.

She didn't want to face Lucas, but she couldn't leave Riley there. She had to go in, even though she didn't want to.

Maya took a deep breath and headed towards the door. She pushed it open and saw Lucas standing in front of Riley by the stairs.

Lucas turned around with a mischievous smirk on his face, but it disappeared once his eyes landed on Maya. And then the baby.

His jaw dropped, as his eyes zeroed in on the baby.

Maya awkwardly looked away as Riley face-palmed. This wasn't going to end well.

She cleared her throat and then spoke, "Lucas, please just let Riley go. She means no harm." This was awkward for her, but she had to deal with it. It was her plan after all.

Lucas snapped back to reality at the sound of her voice. He still looked genuinely shocked, but his voice returned to its snarky, mischievous tone, "Well, look who we have here. Maya, hello."

Maya couldn't stop herself from having a disgusted glare on her face. She ignored his comment and said again, "Let Riley leave and we'll all forget this ever happened."

Lucas shook his head, as he reached into the pocket of his black pants and pulled out his phone, "Central Park isn't so far from here. I'm sure my dear stepbrother would be delighted to know that his long lost love has returned to Midtown with my dear ex and what seems to be... a child."

Riley immediately tensed, as she held the hairbrush close to her, "Lucas, please." She couldn't do this. She couldn't face Farkle with her son.

Lucas ignored her and looked at Maya, who still looked angered, "Is it my kid?" He doubted it, since the little boy had dark hair but he still asked.

Maya let out a laugh, "Hell no." Just the thought of having children with Lucas was unimaginable to her.

"Oh," Lucas said, as his gaze returned to the brunette, "So, he's yours? Farkle has a son? Wow. What a day."

Riley's heart was beating faster, as Lucas called Farkle, "Turn the car around. I need you back in the penthouse. There's something here for you."

Riley sank to the steps and sat down on the stairs. There was no getting out of this now.