saying things

After socializing for a while, Billy and Missy had asked everybody to sit down for dinner.

Maya and Riley found themselves sitting in a large round table with Charlie, Farkle, Lucas, Zay, Vanessa, and the engaged couple.

Maya sliced her pork tenderloin with a knife, awkwardly, as she tried to avoid Lucas's glance. She didn't know why he felt the need to look at her but she didn't want to ask.

"Your parents are staring at me," Riley said, uncomfortably, to Farkle. She looked away from him and concentrated on her meal.

Farkle looked over his shoulder to see Stuart and Caroline staring straight at them. He sighed, "I'm sorry. I guess it's just that this is the first time they're seeing you and... and the baby."

Riley nodded, "I understand."

"I can go tell them that you're uncomfortable if you want," Farkle offered her, with a serious look on his face.

Riley shook her head, "It's fine." She didn't really want to interact with his parents. It would just feel too awkward and painful for her.

Farkle opened his mouth to respond but Charlie spoke before he could, "Who the hell invited Daniella?" He saw the brunette heiress from the corner of his eye.

Maya looked up and saw Lucas staring straight at her, again. She tensed at the mention of the heiress.

"It wasn't me," Missy said, as she looked up from her glass of wine. She turned to Billy, "Was it you?"

Billy scoffed, "That annoying bitch? No. It wasn't me. As much as I love entertaining drama, it wasn't me."

Lucas spoke up, "Fallon brought her as her date."

"Why?" Vanessa frowned, as she remembered what she had overheard in the bathroom earlier.

"Probably because Daniella's a whiny ass bitch and Fallon gave in and brought her," Farkle said, as he recalled his conversation with Fallon an hour ago.

Maya snorted in amusement, "I'm surprised you didn't bring her, Lucas." She met his glance, "Aren't you two sleeping together now?"

She didn't think she would ever try to bring up Daniella in a conversation with Lucas, nor did she ever think that she would actually start a conversation with Lucas, but she felt confident enough.

Lucas raised an eyebrow, with a boyish smirk on his face, "Why? Jealous?" He wanted to play this to his advantage too.

Maya almost gagged, "Please. You and I are over." She really couldn't believe she was dealing with somebody so arrogant. She really didn't understand how she ever lasted a year with him.

Charlie suddenly looked very much interested in the conversation and began to pay more attention.

"Right," Lucas said, with a look in his eye that made Maya roll her eyes, "We'll see about it."

"Don't even think about it," Maya snapped at him, "Keep your dick in your pants. I don't want it." As much as she missed the good sex with Lucas, she didn't want to feed into his pride.

"But you did," Lucas said, with a cocky expression on his face, "Remember that time in the Empire St-"

"Shut it," Maya glared at him, waving her knife at him, "Seriously, there's nothing between us anymore." She started to see flashback images in her head and she immediately cringed.

Charlie frowned for a minute, but then he started to chuckle.

"Whatever you say," Lucas replied, defensively, with a shrug.