silhouette

35 comments for an update

November 7, 2015
Midtown, Manhattan, New York

"Farkle, get up!" Lucas snapped, as he shook his stepbrother awake with an annoyed expression on his face.

Even though Farkle was awake and he knew that Lucas knew he was awake, he refused to get out of bed. "I want to sleep."

"You slept all day yesterday," Lucas rolled his eyes, as he let go of him. He proceeded to snatch a pillow that was resting on the floor and then he started to hit Farkle with it.

"Well, can you blame me?" Farkle said, annoyedly, as he dodged Lucas's hits, "Alright! Alright! I'm getting up! Damn."

Lucas tossed the pillow back to the floor and sighed in relief, "Thank God. I really thought I was gonna have to call Stuart and make him come down here to get you out of bed." He rolled his eyes.

Farkle glared at him, as he sat on the edge of his bed, rubbing tired eyes. "Whatever."

Lucas rolled his eyes, "Are you gonna go talk to Riley? I mean, I know your goal yesterday was to avoid thinking about her, but that was pathetic."

"I don't know," Farkle admitted, as he reached for a plain white t-shirt that was lying on the other side of his bed, "I know I probably should, but... I don't know."

"Oh, come on, Farkle," Lucas shook his head in disbelief, "You know what you want. You know you want to be in Riley's life to be there for Nathan. Don't be stupid."

"I know that," Farkle insisted, "It's just... I don't know what it is I want with Riley. I don't know if I want to be with her again. I don't know what exactly I want my relationship with her to be." He slipped the white shirt over his head.

Lucas raised an eyebrow, "Well, do you still love her?" That was the easiest question he could ask.

"I'll always love her," Farkle said, meeting his glance, "She's the mother of my child. I'll always have love for her."

Lucas looked annoyed, "Yeah, that's obvious, but what I mean is if you love her enough that you want to be with her again."

Farkle pursed his lips to ponder that thought, "There was a reason I broke up with her, Lucas. She doesn't fit in with our crowd. Stuart and Caroline know that and that's why they said they would have to change the story around if necessary. Riley isn't one of us and I'm not supposed to be with her."

Lucas nodded, "I know that, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to figure out what you want. I need you to figure out what you want before you start relying on my booze rather than sleep to heal your inner turmoil."

Farkle glared at him, "Lucas, shut up. I'll decide soon, but I don't want to right now."

Lucas opened his mouth to protest, but was cut off the sound of the doorbell ringing. He sighed and walked off.

He walked down the white marble steps of the penthouse towards the front door and opened it to see Daniella standing there. "Hey." He gestured for her to come in.

"Hey," Daniella said, as she took off her black leather gloves. "Is Farkle here?"

"Yeah, why?" Lucas raised an eyebrow, as he shut the front door behind them.

"I heard the secret's finally been revealed," Daniella replied, as she turned to face him, "To everybody."

Lucas sighed, "Yeah..."