formula

Maya walked a notable distance behind Lucas, with her arms crossed over her chest. She ignored some of the glances he gave her, as she started to curse under her breath.

She didn't pay attention to Lucas getting them a table. Her mind drifted as she followed him inside the painfully familiar Italian restaurant.

They sat at a table near the white walls and a waiter was quick to introduce himself and hand out menus.

After a minute of silence, Lucas set his menu down on the table and looked at her, "Are you not going to speak to me at all?"

Maya looked up and raised an eyebrow, "Yes." She looked back down at the menu.

Lucas sighed, as he stood up straight, "I recommend that we get the Salsiccia pizza."

Maya rolled her eyes, as she flipped through the menu, "Why are you talking to me?"

"I'm just trying to be nice," Lucas scoffed, as the waiter set down ice waters on their table.

"Don't even bother," Maya muttered, with an irritated tone.

Lucas groaned, "Is this how this is gonna go? You being hostile to me?"

In all honesty, Maya would have probably attacked him right at that moment, but she knew she was doing this for Riley, therefore, she kept calm.

"Well, what do you expect?" Maya asked, still not meeting his gaze, "Maybe this could be a lot less awkward if you hadn't, you know, stuck your penis into somebody else several times while we were dating."

She felt awkward saying that, but it was the truth.

Lucas pursed his lips, as the words sunk in, "Yeah, yeah. Anyway, can we at least pretend to enjoy this?"

Maya frowned, "Why?"

"I know that you're still pissed at me since I cheated on you a few times, but you have to get over that so this won't be awkward," Lucas said, almost irritably.

"Why did you even drag me here?" Maya finally looked up, with an annoyed glare on her face, "You know damn well that I don't want to be anywhere near you. You cheated on me."

Lucas sighed, "Look, I'm sorry about that but you need to-"

Maya scoffed, "We're not going to talk about our relationship." She set the menu down on the table, "but I will go with your recommendation. The Salcissia pizza looks good."

The last time she had been here with Lucas, she had ordered a different entree dish but today, she felt like stuffing herself with pizza.

"Do you want to share it?" Lucas asked, as he set his menu down on the table, as well.

Maya reached for ice water and then looked at him, with a confused expression on her face, "Excuse me?"

Lucas shrugged, "I mean, pizza can be sort of fattening so I-"

"Shut the fuck up," Maya immediately cut him off, with an annoyed look on her face.

Lucas scoffed, "Can we not use profanity?"

Maya glared at him even harder, "Can you shut up? Seriously."

Lucas opened his mouth to respond, but before he could speak, the waiter came back and took their orders.

"We'll take two Salcissia pizzas, thank you," Maya said, kindly to the waiter, "That will be all."

The waiter nodded and walked off after taking the menus from them.