true colors

30 comments

"Should I invite Adelia Graves or does Missy still want to kill her?" Farkle asked, as he looked up from his yellow notepad. He was currently trying to finish up the last guest list for his family's upstate party.

"I wouldn't do it," Lucas shook his head, as he poured himself a bowl of chips, "I mean, it would be entertaining as hell to see Missy fight a bitch, but then our parents would murder us for causing that to happen."

Adelia Graves was a Chicago heiress that had tried to flirt with Billy numerous times in front of Missy, therefore, the brunette had grown a disliking towards her.

"Shame," Billy said, as he continued to stare down at the ring box sitting on the coffee table.

Farkle noticed Billy's expression and rolled his eyes, "Callahan approved of you proposing to his daughter an hour ago. Why do you look so freaked out?"

He turned to Zay who looked calm, "Look at Zay. He actually looks calm, so what's up with you?"

"I'm nervous," Billy admitted,  as he looked up, "I mean, I've been with Missy forever, but this is marriage... which means she and I will be together by law. Marriage is a big step... I... I just need it to be perfect."

"Do it at the Hamptons," Lucas suggested, as he started eating his chips, "I mean, Vanessa said we should all go tomorrow, anyway, so you might as well."

"Uh, I don't think so," Zay interjected, shaking his head in disagreement, "I'm proposing to Vanessa at the Hamptons."

Farkle snorted in amusement, "Are we seriously going to debate over who gets to propose at the Hamptons?" He set his notepad down on the coffee table. "Why can't you both just do it?"

"Because that would be weird, you unromantic ass," Billy snapped, as he slipped the $9000 engagement ring back in his pocket.

"Well, in that case, play rock-paper-scissors or something," Lucas said, with a shrug, "because I don't have any better ideas."

Zay rolled his eyes, "Nah. I'll propose when I want. If Billy happens to propose at the same place at the same time, then screw him."

Billy snorted, as he sat up on the sofa, "Whatever, Zay."

Farkle chuckled and hovered over his list of people on his notepad and sighed, "Do you... Do you think I should invite Maya and Riley?" He looked up to see Billy and Zay sharing uneasy glances. Lucas tensed at the mention of his ex.

He hesitated and added, "I mean... the party's in over 2 weeks and I guess...I guess by then, I'll tell my parents about Nathan."

"Are you really going to them?" Lucas raised an eyebrow, with a surprised expression on his face.

"I plan to," Farkle insisted, "I really do. It's just harder to keep a secret every single day." He sighed, "I know I have to, even though I don't really want to."

Zay licked his lips and then said, "Farkle... people know that you're Nathan's father. It's not anything intentional that you did, but it's just logical to people to think you're the father."

Billy nodded and added, "Callahan and Nicholas figured out solely by the fact of Nathan's age. They told us that they wouldn't say anything. They want you to be responsible and tell your parents."

Farkle's jaw clenched and he gulped. He knew that some people had suspicions but he didn't know that people had already figured out the truth. "I... just... I know what's right to do, but it's not going to go well. My parents will get rid of Riley and any traces of her to avoid a... a scandal." He sighed, "I can't get everything I want."