//CHAPTER EIGHT//

//EIGHT//

When the ting sound of the elevator alerted me that I had reached my destination,  I straighten myself and step into the lobby, taking a short glance around the expensive looking room, I nod in approval at the elegantly decorated lobby,  it screams wealth and it had me wondering how he could afford such a stay at a hotel like this.

I started walking towards the entrance of the hotel. 

When I was almost at the door I saw out of my peripheral vision that someone was walking towards me, and as I turned fully to face the person I realised that it was the man that I had seen Charles with at the diner the first time I saw him. As he walked towards me I took my time to appreciate how good he looked in a suit, the black tailored three piece looked as if it was second skin, each step he took you could see the outline of his muscles bunching underneath his shirt it was so sexy a total contrast from the boyish look he had at the diner in his casual clothes.

Only the blank expression that was etched onto his face made him look unapproachable. 

"Ms. Lockhart,  Mr. Ha- Charles asked me to show you to your car out front." he had said in a flat tone of voice. 

I knew he was about to reveal Charles last name but stopped before he actually could.  Smiling politely I gestured for him to lead the way and I followed behind him. 

A sleek black SUV was parked outside while a man dressed smartly in a dark grey suit held the door open for me to enter.

Stepping into the cool interior of the car a sigh of relief left my lips as the chill air conditioner rotate inside the car. 

Charles friend turned and nodded slightly before the man in grey closed the door and took his seat in the drivers seat and started pulling away from the curb.

Looking back at the hotel that I just exit I realised that it was one of the few five star hotels in the city, only rich persons can afford a night at the hotel, no wonder the lobby looked so high classed and impressive like those places you see in the movies are what people describe in books.

To know that I just spent a night there made me feel honoured. No matter what the circumstances were for me ending up there.

Private cars and an expensive hotel, just who is this guy? Shaking those thoughts away, I tried to forget about it.

As the car drive down the narrow straight away from the hotel I glanced back and a saw green wagon with tinted windows following behind us, not taking it as a threat I turn back around facing forward. 

Lying my head against the comfortable seat a tired yawn left my lips and I felt my eyes shut close as sleep took me over.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Miss!  Miss.... Please wake up... Miss..." An annoying voice kept on ringing in my ears as I tried to get some well over due rest. 

Fluttering my eyes open I was greeted with a set of chocolate brown eyes.

"Yes? " I asked still slightly annoyed.

"Where outside your apartment. " he explained.  "Oh, thanks" I flushed embarrassed because I fell asleep,  wiping my mouth as discreetly as possible to ensure that I wasn't drooling,  I sigh in relief when my mouth turned out to be dry.

Stepping out onto the busy sidewalk I thank the driver and head towards my apartment,  as I got closer I saw the same green wagon pull away from the curb and disappear into the busy midday traffic.  Well that was weird I thought as I went through the sliding doors.