//CHAPTER ONE//

Picture of how I imagine Lily.
****

//ONE//

"Lily! Come on Lily wake up! It's getting late." I heard my roommates distant voice calling me.

"Five more minutes" I mumbled sleepily.

"Your gonna be late for work if you don't get up right now!" She said annoyed.

"Mhhm...." I trailed off.

"If you don't get up right now I will throw this freezing water all over you." She threatens me.

That caught my attention and had me sitting up in bed real quick "OK...OK I'm up! I'm up!" I shout frantically scrambling out of the bed sheets. My frantic movements had my foot getting caught in the sheets which resulted in me landing face first on top of my carpet covered floor with a silent oof.

"Hahaha...ha..ha...h-aaa" My roommate Barb keeled over clutching her stomach laughing. "It works every time" she wheezed out of breath from her laughing fit.

I should have known, she does this every time we're gonna be late for work. Threatens me with the freezing water. Who likes to get wet in their warm fluffy bed? Unless its the different kind of wet,know what I mean? Of course you don't, most of you are so dirty minded I meant sweat you perv. Bless the innocent.

"Hardy har-har... so funny" I rolled my eyes. Using my upper body strength (I have none like 0.001) to try and get up off the floor, yes I 'tried', but because of my lack there of I found myself saying good morning to the floor once again. Best way to start the day ever, did you see what I did there? Oh you didn't well let me tell you I just used sarcasm baby, yep, uh-huh.

"Are you gonna help me up are what!?" I asked my hyena still laughing Best friend.

"Yeah yeah, let's get your fat ass up before the rug suffocates you."

I feel her arms grip around my abdomen and I help push myself up so that I can be lift up off the floor. After I got in a sitting position I glared up at her for her earlier comment because I'm anything but fat I'm as thin as a twig.

" Your welcome. Now go get ready for work before we loose our miserable job." She said in a flat tone of voice.

Sighing I got up off the floor and head towards our shared bathroom to take a quick shower, our apartment wasn't big in fact it was the total opposite it's cramped with too much furniture and barely has room for one person much less two, but what can two college graduates do when their underemployed and not making enough to get a better place to live than this piece of junk? We suck it up and try to be happy.

My shower lasted approximately seven minutes along with brushing my teeth because of the rush. Coming out of the bathroom I saw that Barb had already taken out the horrible uniform we have to wear at the diner that we work at, with it's white frill blouse that looks like something from the 80's and Burgundy colored pleat skirt with high socks.

After putting on my underwear I hauled on the ugly uniform and put my light blonde hair into a messy bun before meeting my best friend in the living room.

"Lets get going Goldie locks. I can't take that old man nagging in my ear another morning" Barb complains.
Agreeing I grab my coat and purse and closed up the apartment and we're out the door on our way to work.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Charles P.O.V.

"Why do you think that I should go back there? After all those years of searching and I still haven't found my precious beloved" I said to my loyal servant Maxwell. We we're in my office  looking over a few documents that are related to an incident on some neighbouring territory.

"But lord you will never find her unless you keep looking and it's been almost over a 100 years since you last set foot in the human realm, she could be there after all that time" He tried to reason with me. Maxwell was not just my servant but a good friend he always advise me on finding my dear beloved when he has one of his feelings and he has a tendency to be right 98% of the time with most of his options.

So it was only right that if he thinks that I'll find the one I've dreamed about for century's now then so be it I shall go.

Sighing I stood up and put the papers together to deal with when I get back. "You might be right this time, prepare for our stay in the human realm and tell your brother to make ready the portal I shall change my wear."

"Yes lord" Maxwell bowed and disappeared into the shadows.

This trip better not be in vain like all the other helpless visits I made to that polluted place, the other 2% was the times maxwell convinced me to take a trip to find her but they were futile.

Heading down the corridor and towards my bed chamber I took out my human style worthy clothes and started to get dress. After putting on black ripped skinny jeans, a plain white T-shirt and my black leather jacket I ran my fingers through my dirty blonde hair and was ready to travel and by then Maxwell had returned and packed my bag and changed into something suitable as well.

"Lets go then, shall we not" I turned to Maxwell who lead me through the castle in the direction of the open garden where gemstones were alined to make a circle with a triangle in the middle and was surrounded by candles.

Nodding to Maxwell that I was ready to go, the candles surrounding the layout lit one by one, when all of the candles where alight, black mist started to form in the circle layer and the triangle started to glow a maroon red.

Stepping into the stone art work of the portal I felt my limbs become jelly like and the garden started to turn hazy in my sight, soon it started disappearing from view and black mist mixed with a red glow clouded my vision from within the portal and that was the last thing I saw before nothing but black flashed before my eyes.

************************************

YES THE FIRST CHAPTER IS FINALLY PUBLISHED!!!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE FIRST CHAPTER OF MY NEW BOOK AND FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T READ MY FIRST BOOK GO CHECK IT OUT.... ITS CALLED CONFLICTING BLACK.... IF YOU WERE WONDERING IT DOES NOT CONNECT TO THIS BOOK AT ALL....
BUT HEY! YOUR SUPPORT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

:-)