//CHAPTER TWELVE//

NB: I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT DOCTORS AND SUCH SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.... REMEMBER ITS FICTION. IT ALL COMES FROM MY MESSED UP HEAD...

//TWELVE//

"What?" Several other voices in the room exclaimed along with myself.

"But it is temporary right? She won't be like this forever?" The man in the black suit enquired. I now know that he's my dad and the little petite figure that clung to him is my mom.

I can't believe I lost my memory and forgot that this God like couple are my parents I mean they both beautiful and there seniors. Just the thought of not remembering created this huge sense of guilt.

"B-But doctor please, why?" The brunette Sob.

"From what the report shows it seems that on the day that Ms. Lockhart fainted and was brought in several test were ran to see what could have caused her to collapsed so suddenly. From what this chart shows "- she showed the room a diagram with lines running all over the place which made my head hurt due to the different colors. - " An unknown drug was found in her system, the drug seem to have entered her system and caused an allergic reaction of sorts or that's what the test detect it as. It was so alien to her body that it couldn't manage so it shut down to repair itself." As the doctor explained a chill went down my spine.

Bloody hell I must have such a weak immune system. I've been out for a whole godforsaken week!

"The doctor who ran all the test is busy and I'm his assistant so I'm just relating the information, We found something strange which we're not 100% sure that it was also caused by the drug. Some test need to be run before any information on it can be given out"

"When can will we get to speak with the other doctor?" My dad ask.

"He's due back some time this week." She inform us. That was okay I guess cause I need to speak with this doctor about my condition.

"Will her memory come back? "

"I'm not liable to say at the moment we would have to run the test first" she said with a apologetic tone.

"Oh, so when will she be discharged?" My mom ask the doctor.
"After the test have been ran and we have more info on her condition. Also I will prescribe some medication that will help stabilize her condition, she still hasn't fully recovered as yet." She further explain. After that the doctor excuse herself saying she needed to inform someone that I'm awake.

A still silence surround the room as the doctor walk out; it was getting really awkward when no one said anything. What was I suppose to say? These people are suppose to be my family and I didn't even remember their names. It was as if their are total strangers. Which in a sense they are. I don't know what type of behaviour to portray so it's best I keep to myself.

The sudden ringing of a cellphone broke the silence making me jump 3 inches off of my hospital bed and out of my thoughts. Looking around I was waiting to see who would take out their phone but no one made a move to answer their call so I looked at them strangely. Why isn't anyone answering the ringing phone?

I look around trying to find where the noise is coming from and notice that the ringing is louder in the table drawer beside my bed. Reaching over I took it out to see an unsaved number calling, figuring that it must be my phone seeing as everyone in the room went deadly quiet so I can answer ( not like there was any sound to begin with) sliding the green button to accept the call I put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I replied timidly not knowing who might be calling.

" Your finally awake" The most tantalizing voice whispered down the line.

"Who is this?" I ask uncertain of what the person is talking about.

"Don't worry about that now just rest up" and the line went dead.

That was weird. Dismissing it as nothing I turned to see six pairs of eyes on me.

"It has been ringing all week but I didn't want to answer it seeing as its not mine to answer." My mom said.

"Okay." Was all I could say.

"Was it anyone important? " she questioned. I shook my head no. "Not that I know of. " I told her.

The brunette smile and hold out her hand to me "Anyway... I'm Barbie but don't ever call me that it's Barb and we're best friends not that you can remember, I'm basically a stranger to you right now"

"Oh... Hey?" I say awkwardly.

"You we're always awkward when meeting new people..." -She says with a small laugh- " that's Your dad Steven Lockhart and the lady beside him is your mom Laura Lockhart" she points to them respectively as she calls their names.

I turned towards the couple who was still glued to the doorway and smiled. I wasn't sure if I should invite them in or make them leave. I am so embarrass that I can't remember my parents the persons who had taken care of me all my life. Deciding that it would be best to try and get to know them more I invited them to come sit near me.

"Come and have a seat. Let's catch up" I told them with every ounce of sincerity in my voice, I didn't want to be afraid of them they are my parents after all.

My mom look as if she was waiting on me to say that for some time now because she basically leap across the tiny space and land on my bed. While my dad took his time and sat on the other unoccupied chair in the room.

This should be interesting. I thought as I gave them a big smile.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The citrus looking clouds that pass by my hospital window showed that it was time for my family to leave we had spent the entire day just talking about my childhood and happenings over the pass week since I'd been unconscious. I couldn't believe that after my little accident they had been here everyday praying for me to wake up. It touch my heart and made me feel even more guilty for losing my memory so suddenly.

I learned that my mom was your typical bubbly mom while my dad was more on the silent side. Barb was really nice she acted more like a mom than a best friend which is cute.

A nurse soon came and told them that visiting hours were over and it was time for them to leave. I am a bit sad but I had to make them go I couldn't expect them to stay all night even though I enjoyed their company.

"We will see you tomorrow dear. Get some rest okay? " my mom said looking reluctant to leave, she placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and step to the side so that Barb could squeeze the little strength I had left out of me with her bone crushing hug. " I'll see you soon, get well. "

My dads goodbye was a tad bit more awkward. He open his arms as if to give me a hug but changed his mine at the last moment and gave my head a slight pat like I was a dog, it made a slight frown appear on my face but I didn't make it very obvious. "See you later kiddo" was all he said in a small whisper and turned to follow the others through the door.

My mom and Barb gave a final wave before closing the door behind them.
The silent click was the last sound I heard before silence engulfed the room once more. The lively chatter and boisterous laughter was no more and I got this time to actually think about the situation I was now in.

But first let me just rest my eyes first. Yawning I lay motionless in the small cramp space I call a bed. As my eyes fluted close. I hadn't realised how tired I was until now. I guess all that talking and laughing took that out of a person who has been asleep for an entire week.

I'll think about it tomorrow and my eyes close as I fell asleep.

************************************

I HAD OTHER PLANS FOR THIS CHAPTER BUT I JUST DECIDE TO STOP IT HERE FOR NOW AND CONTINUE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. SORRY FOR ALL THOSE WHO EXPECTED MORE.

VOTE... COMMENT... SHARE...

OH BEFORE I FORGET CHECK OUT MY BESTIES BOOK CALLED "YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE" IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

IMMO TRY AND MAKE UP IN THE CHAPTERS TO COME...

SEE YAH!