Peter Pan

After spending the remainder of the evening in his room, Caleb finally decided to come out. He slowly walked downstairs and looked around the corner. He saw Corey talking to his mom, but didn't spot Gigi or Hailey. 

He took a deep breath before walking in and sitting in a dining room chair. "Hey little man." Corey smiled after acknowledging Caleb's presence. Kendall turned and looked at him, but Caleb quickly looked away. 

"Where's Gus?" he mumbled. 

"He's outside. Buddy, I'm about to leave. You and I have a lot to talk about tomorrow, okay?" Kendall asked. 

Caleb nodded, but he knew something that she didn't. 

He wouldn't be there tomorrow. 

Kendall walked over, kissed the top of his head, and left. 

Once Corey knew that the girls had probably pulled out, he went and sat by Caleb. "What do you wanna do man?" he asked. 

Caleb shrugged his shoulders. "Can I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?" Caleb asked. 

Corey nodded and stood up. "Two halves?" he called from the kitchen. 

"Yes please." Caleb replied as he stood up and quietly snuck over to where they keep Gus's leash.

Caleb picked it up and walked back over to his chair. He put the leash behind him just as Corey walked back in. He placed the plate in front of Caleb and sat back down. "How have you been dude?" 

"Okay." Caleb replied as he took a bite of his sandwich. 

"How about we watch a movie when you're done?" Corey suggested. Caleb nodded. He finished one of the halves and stood up. 

"Aren't you going to eat the other one?" Corey asked. Caleb shook his head. "I'll save it for later."

He nodded and stood up as well. He walked into the living room with Caleb and turned on the TV.

Caleb knew that once they've watched TV for awhile, Corey will end up falling asleep.

He was right. Almost forty minutes into the movie, Corey fell asleep.

Caleb snuck out of Corey's embrace and walked into the kitchen. He grabbed Gus's leash and called for him. "Here Gus. Come here boy." He called.

Gus walked over to him and he hooked the leash on to the collar. He checked and made sure that the envelope was in his pocket before quietly sneaking out of the house. He walked to the end of his driveway and sighed when he saw the gate was closed.

He couldn't go back inside and get the remote. Corey might wake up.

Instead, he sat down and silently started to cry. Gus whimpered and laid his head on Caleb's lap.

"I can't do it Gus. I can't get daddy back. Mom's gonna hate me forever!" He cried.

Get in the bushes

Caleb looked around, but couldn't find anyone.

Now

He quickly got up and ran into the bushes with Gus right behind him. He heard a creaking noise and saw the gate opening up.

A car pulled through the gate and pulled into the garage. He picked up Gus's leash and ran past the gate while it was still open.

He started down the sidewalk, holding on tightly to Gus, unsure about his next move.

If only he would've stopped to see who was in the car...