Silent Prayers

Liam's POV

"Caleb...p-please wake up...you're gonna be okay..." I managed to choke out.

Gus ran over and started whining once he saw Caleb. He nudged him with his nose, trying to get a response from him.

I could hear sirens coming close.

"Just hold on buddy. You're going to be just fine!"

Calebs breathing started to become shallower until his small chest stopped moving. "No! Caleb please!" I begged.

I carefully laid him on the ground and tilted his head back. I gave him a couple of breaths and then started compressions.

Paramedics soon ran over and took over. They told me to hold on to Gus's leash tightly. I guess they're afraid he might do something.

As I watched them work on him, I started to silently pray.

"Dear God, not him. Not my buddy. Not my Caleb."

Mason's POV

"Caleb?! CALEB!!" I yelled into the phone. I slammed my phone down on the counter.

P came running in. "Did you get ahold of him? Is he okay? Where is he?" she started to ramble.

"Something's wrong."

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I don't know. I heard some kind of crash and now Caleb's not talking!" 

Penelope's eyes widened. "Please tell me you're lying."

I shook my head.

"Track the phone." she commanded.

"Penel-" "I said track the damn phone Mason!" she yelled.

After hearing her yell, dad came running in. "What's going on?"

"Mason got ahold of Caleb, but he also heard a crash."

Dad ran over and took my phone. He started to pound away on it.

"Get in the car. We're going to San Diego." ordered Dad.

Dad and Penelope started to leave, but stopped when they noticed I wasn't following.

"What's wrong?" P asked.

"Shouldn't we call the police or uncle Y/N and aunt Kendall?" I asked.

"We will when we get on the road. That way Liam has a chance to run."

Liam's POV

I was shocked I wasn't arrested on sight. They were able to bring Caleb back, but they couldn't get him to wake up. He was loaded up in the back of the ambulance and I watched as they drove off.

"Sir, do you need a ride to the hospital?" an officer asked. I looked over at the young man and nodded. He led me to his car, but stopped when he saw Gus.

"The dog won't be allowed in the hospital."

I sighed and looked down at the whimpering dog. "Officer, you don't understand. He needs to be in there. These two are the best of friends. He's never left his side once and I don't think he wants to start now."

The officer didn't say anything, but only shook his head. He motioned for the both of us to get in the car which I quickly did.

The entire ride, I continued to silently pray.

Caleb can't leave like this. He hasn't made it to first grade yet. He still has so much living to do.

He just can't leave like this.

Y/N's POV

Kendall and I were awoken by someone bursting through our bedroom door. We both quickly shot up and saw Kylie, Khloe, Kourtney, and Detective King standing at the foot of our bed.

"What happened? Is everything okay?" Kendall asked.

"We found Caleb." Detective King told us.

Finally! My son's been found! I can't wait to hold him in my arms again! But, first I'm going to be busy choking Liam.

"Really?! Great! Where is he?" I asked, trying to contain my excitement. All of their faces dropped.

"That's the thing. Kourt got a call from Scott and he said that him and the kids were on their way to San Diego."  Khloe stated.

Kendall's mouth dropped. "San Diego? They're in San Diego!?"

They all nodded.

"After she got off the phone, I got a call from the police department up there and they said that they got a call about a vehicle whose breaks went out." said Detective King, "An eyewitness claimed that the vehicle hit the curb and then went air born. It hit a parked BMW, causing it to go rolling. Once they arrived they found a man performing CPR on a young boy."

I looked over at Kendall who already had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Da-" "It's not Caleb. It couldn't of been my Caleb!" she exclaimed.

"Mrs. Jenner, it was. I advise that you and Y/N start your trip quickly. That way you two can be there if he wakes up."