A Bump in the Road

Caleb's POV

Liam and I drove over to his house. He said that we could start our drive in the morning. I don't see why though, it doesn't take that long to drive to Grandpas.

We walked into his house, my grip still tight on Gus's leash. "Did you bring any clothes with you?"

I shook my head.

He nodded. "So, you were planning on walking to your grandpas house without any clothes?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

"Cause it doesn't take that long to get to grandpas." he chuckled.

He led me upstairs and told me that I could sleep in there.

"My room is right next door if you need me. We'll leave about seven thirty in the morning." I nodded as I took my shoes off.

He shut the door and I could hear his footsteps walking to his room.

I unhooked Gus's leash from his collar, causing Gus to run and jump on the bed.

I placed the other half of my sandwich on the nightstand before crawling into bed and soon drifting off to sleep.

Y/N's POV

I sat in the living room, my arm tightly wrapped around Kendall as she sobbed.

The entire family was still here, except for Kanye, North, and Saint.

"Excuse me, but I'm looking for the parents of the missing child." we all looked up and saw a blue eyed lady who looked to be in her late twenties  with blonde hair that was put up in a ponytail. She was wearing a white blouse with black slacks.

Kendall released her grip and the both of us stood us. "That's us." I told her.

She held out her hand. "My names Detective Candace King. I'm investigating your sons disappearance. Is it okay for me to ask you all a few questions?" we both nodded.

"Okay," she pulled out a her phone and went on her voice memo app, "Mr. Y/L/N, I would like to talk to you first, but in private."

Kendall seemed to tighten her grip on my arm. I nodded. "He won't be gone long." Detective King told her.

Kendall let go of my arm and went back to her family. Candace and I walked outside and sat on two separate patio chairs.

She pressed record on her phone.

"When was the last time you saw your son?"

"A few weeks ago. It was right before I left to go stay at my dads."

"When was the last time you've spoken to him?"

"Today." I answered.

"What time?"

I sat there for a moment, trying to think. "I'm not sure. I'd have to check my phone."

"Was it this morning, afternoon, evening?"

"Probably this evening."

She nodded. "Mr. Y/L/N, do you know of anyone who'd want to take your son?"

I sat there and thought for a moment, before shaking my head.

"You all own a dog, correct?"

I nodded. "He's mainly Caleb's dog. We got it for him for his birthday last year."

"What type of dog is he and what is his name?"

"A German shepherd named Gus."

"Tell me, do you think there's a chance your son may have ran away?"

I shook my head. "Of course not."

Liam's POV

"What are we doing here?" Caleb asked as we walked into the gas station.

"Its just a snack stop." he nodded.

"Liam, I'm gonna go use the bathroom." I nodded. He walked towards the bathroom while I grabbed two sodas.

Caleb's POV

Once I was done using the bathroom, I walked out of the stall and over to the sink.

I saw two guys about Masons age walk in and stop. They were looking at me weirdly. I saw one of the guys whisper something to his friend.

"Hey!" I quickly looked over and saw one of them walking over to me.

"Uh...y-yeah?" I stuttered.

"You're Kendall Jenner and Y/N Y/L/N's son. Right?"

"U-um no..." I lied.

"Yeah you are. We just saw your picture on TV."

"Sorry. That wasn't me." I quickly walked past them and out of the bathroom.

I saw Liam paying for our snacks. I walked over and stood by him.

"Hey dude. I was about to go in there to check on you."

I glanced back towards the restroom. They had their phones out and were taking pictures.

"Liam, those guys are taking pictures of us." I whispered to him.

He glanced back and glared at the boys.

He grabbed the stuff and my hand. We walked out to his car, where a very happy Gus was waiting on us.

I got in the back with Gus and Liam in the front. "How much longer till we get to grandpas?"

"A few more hours." he replied as he handed me my snack and drink.

I thanked him and opened my drink.

Liam pulled out of the parking lot and started out again.

After a few minutes of driving, a voice came on the radio.

"Y/N Y/L/N and Kendall Jenners son Caleb, who was reported missing in the early hours of this morning, was spotted at Pete's Station on the outskirts of Los Angeles. He is believed to be with singer Liam Payne. If anyone spots the two, they are encouraged to call police immediately."

"Oh shit..." I heard Liam mumble.

"Don't worry Caleb, you're going to be just fine."

"Liam, did you say something?" I asked.

"No." he replied.

Then who do i keep hearing?

*
I think I'm gonna do a question chapter next. You all can ask the characters anything, but should I ask Y/N?