My Sunshine

Liam's POV

The moment we arrived at the hospital, Caleb was immediately rushed back to surgery while I was shown to a private room.

"Can I get you anything? A snack? Something to drink?" a nurse asked.

'You can get Caleb back.' I thought.

I shook my head. "I'm fine thank you."

She nodded and left Gus and I alone.

These last two days I've gotten so used to Caleb being here, I've forgotten what being alone feels like.

Penelope's POV

After a four car ride, we made it to the Scripps Mercy Hospital. The rest of our family was about an hour away.

Once inside we ran up to the front desk. "May I help you?" the lady asked.

"Yes, my nephew, Caleb Y/L/N, was brought in by ambulance. He was in a car accident." dad stated.

The lady nodded and picked up the phone next to her. "Hello...yes I have three individuals here who claim to be family members of Caleb Y/L/N...yes the young boy in surgery...okay I will."

The lady hung up the phone and turned her attention back to us. "Okay, you all go down to the second floor and someone should be at the elevator to meet you all."

We nodded and thanked her.

Once we got on the elevator and went down, a security guard was standing there waiting for us. "Are you all the family of Caleb Y/L/N?"

We nodded.

He motioned for us to follow them. He led us to a closed door and opened it up. "Sir, there's a group of people who claim to be Caleb's family."

"What's their names?" we heard a British voice ask.

"Scott, Mason, and Penelope." dad answered.

The security guard said it back in the room and soon moved aside. We walked in and saw Liam sitting in a chair with his head in his hands and Gus at his feet.

"Liam, I'm not going to yell or get mad, I just want to know why in the hell did you run off with Caleb? If you did kidnap him like everyone thinks, I'll kill you way before Y/N and Kendall show up. If you didn't then I'll help keep them off of you." Dad explained.

He wiped his eyes and looked up at us, tears were streaming down his face. "The night he went missing, I found him walking down the street in the dark. I got him in and took him to McDonald's so I could get him to talk." he stopped, emotions taking over him.

Once he got calm, he started talking again. "He told us that his dad left and went to his grandpas. He told me that Kendall had gotten upset with him and he was going to get his dad back, so that his mom would be happy again. Caleb began to beg me to drive him up here, he said that Y/N and I could possibly fix our friendship somehow."

"What do you mean fix your friendship?" asked Mason.

"W-" "You and aunt Kendall really did have an affair. Didn't you?" I asked.

"One night. Y/N found out and that's why Caleb thought that we could fix it. I'm guessing he had heard the entire altercation. So, when I saw how desperate he was to fixing everything, I had to help him. I think that anyone in my position would have. Now look what happened."

By now we all had tears streaming down our cheeks.

"LIAM PAYNE YOU SON OF A BITCH!!" We heard someone yell.

Uncle Y/N appeared and quickly walked over to Liam. He pulled him out of his seat and threw him on to the floor. He got on top of him and started punching him as hard as he could.

"Y/N get off of him!" dad said. Mason ran over and tackled Y/N, knocking him off of Liam.

"Mason stop!" mom yelled. I looked over and saw our entire family now coming into the room.

"Liam didn't do anything! Caleb left on his own!" Mason yelled.

They all looked dumbstruck.

"W-what?" Y/N asked.

Mason got off of Y/N and then helped Liam up. "If he did, why didn't you answer our texts?" Y/N asked.

"Whenever we got into our fight, I blocked your number. I thought that once one of us got our heads out of our asses we'd be men and go to each other and apologize. I didn't answer Kendall's because Caleb and I were so close to getting to your dads house!"

"My house? Why would he be coming there?" I looked over and saw uncle Y/N's dad standing in the doorway.

"He somehow found out that Y/N was there." Liam replied.

Aunt Kendall quickly covered her mouth and sat down as she began to cry.

"H-he heard me....oh god!" she cried.

Y/N's face started to get red again. "What did you say?"

Aunt Kendall said nothing and continued to sob. "Kendall, what did you say!?!"

His dad walked over and put his hand on Y/N's back. "Calm down son."

"Calm down!? Ho-" he was cut off by a knock at the door. We all looked over and saw a doctor in his scrubs standing at the door.

"I hate to interrupt, but are you all the family of Caleb Y/L/N?"

"Yes, that's us." Lovey told him

Uncle Y/N walked over and aunt Kendall stood up and did the same. "Is he okay?" Y/N asked.

"He made it through surgery, but he's not out of the woods just yet. We believed that after his surgery he may wake up, but no one could get him to wake up in the recovery room, but we noticed he was having trouble breathing on his own. We had to vent him in hopes it could help somehow. Now, its just a waiting game."

I could feel tears threatening to fall, but I tried to hold them in. I couldn't say the same for everyone else. As they cried, I noticed Gus get up and walk over to Y/N and Kendall. He laid down at their feet. It was almost as if he was mourning as well.

Even though he's not dead, we're already mourning.

No one's POV

Alone in a cold hospital room, the silence was filled by the machines doing their job. Some were working to keep the young boy alive while the others were showing that he was still hanging on.

But, alone in the corner, a young boy wearing torn and dirty clothes, was staring at the fragile body.

"What's going on? A..am I dead?" he questioned.

"Not yet. You still have a choice." he heard a voice say.

He looked around the entire room, until his eyes fell on a young boy who seemed to be around thirteen and was wearing a very familiar looking red T-shirt and jeans.

"Who are you? Are you that voice I've been hearing?" Caleb asked.

The boy smiled at him and nodded. "But, I thought you would recognize me more than just a voice."

Caleb walked closer, trying to figure out what he was talking about. Then it hit him.

"Reign?"

"Hi Caleb."