| Kageyama Tobio | Smile Vs Pain {Request}

[A/n]
You guys really like angsts....
ME TOO XD and yes, this is a angst. In this oneshot, he's heartless ;-; ugh my lil setter.

{Request by} hikacri

{Publish on} September 7th, 2016

{Word count} 1000

* * *

"You can't cook for shit F/n." Your black-haired boyfriend retorts, sneering at the dull-looking food you made.

Your boyfriend would always make comments about you. It was different each day, sometimes it was your weight, your skin or your clumsy mistakes.

"Y-you should give it a try..." You whisper, "I did my best to cook. It may not look good but it's actually-"

"I told you, you can't cook. You're so useless." Tobio says, pushing the plate away from him and scoffing. "I don't even know why I'm still with you."

You bit your lower lip, blinking once or twice for the tears to go away.

"Are you going to cry again? That's another thing that's wrong with you, you cry too easily. Just go cry in the room like you usually do." he stands up, throwing the plate in the sink

"I'll make something you like." You smile, but he just ignores you and walks to the living room to watch some television.

In all honesty, he's never seen you cry before. That's because you would always smile through the worst.

But...

That smile was chipping away more and more with each comment he made about you.

Once he was out of sight, you dropped to your knees quietly, holding your mouth with your hand to muffle the cries.

Pain that was hidden from the king, a smile was only visible to the dictator, but in the shadows there was pain.

You quickly wiped away your tears, taking the plate from the sink that he just threw away and started to wash it properly.

"Jeez, you're finally cleaning. It's a fucking mess." Kageyama shouts out as you hung your head high and scrubbed the dishes. "You're so useless."

"I-I'll make something else..." You insist with a small smile, putting the dish away.

"Forget it, I'm going out. You can eat by yourself." He says, picking up his coat and exiting out the front door with a slam.

Your heart was so weak... Harmful thoughts had snuck their way into your head and soon you were staring at your large kitchen knife.

'No...' You thought, shaking your head. 'Just smile. Pain cannot win.'

* * *

A few weeks past and you were still with him. You loved him, you could never leave.

You were eating breakfast with Tobio until he began another daily insult session.

"F/n, you're eating too much. Look at you, you're so fat and eat more than me."

You held a comely smile and nodded your head, finishing only half of your breakfast.

* * *

A month past. You held the pain back, only to replace and show a smile.

You gotten skinnier too, but Tobio would still complain and insult your figure.

"Your body is ugly, why don't you take care of it?" he says while grabbing his jacket and bag for volleyball practice.

You nod, holding a soft, weak smile. "I'll try better."

There were a few white hairs in your hair, and less food on your plate. Tobio didn't seem to notice since he was almost at volleyball practice everyday.

While Kageyama was gone, your stomach ache for food. You gulp nervously, starvation took over you and soon, you were rummaging through the fridge, eating last nights leftovers.

After you finish the leftovers, you began to feel guilty, useless and fat. Just like Kageyama would describe you.

Almost tearing up, you ran to the bathroom, forcing the food to come back up. After vomiting you laid on the floor, feeling hopeless.

You stagger, standing up once again and found yourself in the kitchen, holding a large kitchen knife.

You held it in the both of your hands, looking at your reflection from the sharp steel.

'No...' You thought, setting back the knife and walking a feet away... until your head turn and your eyes fell back to it.

* * *

The tall black-head setter was walking back home, opening up the door but smelled nothing. No feeling of warm, no smell of food.

By the time he would arrive home, you would be done cooking but the air was cold.

In his gut, he knew something was wrong. Quietly, leaving the door open he began to walk to the kitchen, seeing F/n holding a kitchen knife and slicing a clean cut on your wrist..

"F/n!!" he yells, dashing and a tacking the blood-cover knife. He watch as you stagger and fell on your knees, there were a couple of cuts on your wrists... Some blood had stain the tile-ground.

Tobio threw the knife into the sink then knelt down beside her... He began to notice her features more...

Her body seem smaller... and thinner. Grey hair was visible at the roots of her hair. She smelled like vomit and the blood continue to flow from her open wounds. Her head was hung low so that her face was staring at the ground.

"Give me your hand," he demands, grabbing her hand but she jerked it away. F/n began to weakly hit her fists at his chest...

It didn't take long for him to figure out it was his fault. The sight of her made his heart break, for her being so weak and vulnerable...

He broke down. The sight of you, made him blame himself. He knew that all those things were hurting you, but he thought that you would smile through it.

Instead of smiling it through, Kageyama had hurt F/n.

F/n lift her head, tears had finally fallen from all the pain she endured. All those comments, and insults...

All those things led to harming herself and F/n knew it. She tried to hold a smile through, trying to suppressing the negative thoughts but.

Pain had won.