| Oikawa Tooru | Disastrous Dates

[A/N]
A cute fluff.

{Published on} June 15th, 2020

{Word Count} 1366

***

In a simple cafe, sat a handsome boy. A handsome, yet, a heart-broken boy who was recently dumped from his girlfriend. The boy huffed, frowning while staring at the window as he waited for a friend who could keep his mind off of his rejected heart.

"Are you ready to order?" a h/c waitress intervene, holding a little notepad and a pen.

"In a few minutes, I'm waiting for a friend." He gives a perfect smile as the waitress nods, walking away to help other tables.

The boy sighs once again, keeping his gaze outside the window. His long fingers comb through his brown. He quickly fixes his posture, his hazel eyes lit up after seeing his friend walking into the cafe.

"Iwa-chan!" the brown-haired setter joyfully calls over to his friend.

Iwaizumi sighs, walking over cooly with an annoyed expression. "Oikawa. Just because your girlfriend dumped you, doesn't mean you can bother me."

"Eh... aha..." he sweats nervously. "I-I don't know what you're talking about. I've been having a lot of dates!" Oikawa winks, presenting a thumbs up.

"You sure you want to date already? You're barely over your ex." Iwaizumi bluntly declares, stabbing an invisible arrow of insults into Oikawa.

"You can't keep expect me to be tied down with one girl," Oikawa shrugs. "I'm getting asked a lot by girls and I'm not trying."

"So you're fine then," Iwaizumi claims. "Then that means I don't have to be here."

"Are you guys all set?" The waitress nudges in the conversation.

"Yea, I guess. I'll get a cup of tea." Oikawa mumbles.

"I'm good, I have to get going," Iwaizumi says, rising in his chair abruptly and leaving without another word.

"I'll be back with your tea," the waitress adds, walking away promptly.

Oikawa sighs once again, pouting and tapping his fingers against the table. He gazes out the window with a blank expression.

His attention returns to the table as the waitress sets his cup of tea upon the table.

"U-uh-" Oikawa stutters as the waitress sets another plate with a slice of cake on the table. "I didn't order this."

"It's on the house. I thought you could use it," the waitress smiles before walking away again.

Oikawa shrugs, stabbing the cake with his fork and stuffing his face.

'Well, I'm not exactly ugly. It's been awhile since I was single, there's plenty fish in the sea.'  He chews while in deep thought.

***

A couple days later in the same cafe...

"It was nice meeting you," Oikawa says. "This date was interesting."

"It's always nice seeing you~" the girl sings. "Let's see each other again!" she waves goodbye, exiting the cafe.

Once out of sight, Oikawa slumps in his chair, exhaling in relief.

"Dating is hard," he mumbles.

"Tell me about it," the waitress pops beside, setting down a cup of tea. "She was sure something," she chuckles.