| Kenma Kozume | Cat Instincts {Request}

[A/n]
Fluff, where the two of you are long distance dating <3

Happy birthday Kenma! <3

{Request by} MariChatAgreste

{Publish on} October 16th

{Word count} 787

* * *

You were sitting criss-cross on your bed, hugging a pillow as you stated at your phone. You were waiting for a text from your boyfriend who lived about six hours from you.

It's been almost a year, he would visit once in awhile but lately he hasn't been responding or coming in on the weekends like he would use to do. Your faith in him was wavering and you only feared the worse.

You heavily sigh then picking up your phone, and texting your boyfriend, hoping that he would see your message.

[F/n] I really miss you Kozume...

---

[Kenma] I know F/n, me too.

---

[F/n] Can we talk?

---

[Kenma] Sure, I'll call you in a minute.

---

You waited, and waited, and waited. Twenty minutes flew by and your suspicions only grew.

Angrily you picked up your phone, roughing dialing his phone number and placed it against your ear and crossed your arms.

After a ring or two, he finally picked up.

"Hello," Kenma says.

"You were going to call me, huh?" You said in a pissed off tone.

Kenma suddenly became quiet. "I'm so sorry F/n, I-"

"Kenma Kozume." You state, which made him even quieter. "I... don't think this is going to work anymore."

"Wait F/n-"

"Listen to me Kenma, you made me so happy this past year but this past month you... I-I.. You've been acting different. I'm sorry." You said, ending the call them throwing your phone at the ground.

As expected, the phone started to ring, playing a particular song that you and Kenma had a special connection to. You sigh, throwing your pillow over it to muffle the song that only strained your heart.

You sighed, mixed feelings of anger at yourself.

~Ring~Ring~Ring~

You sigh again, standing up to answer the door. Your face burst into flame of embarrassment and confusion,

"Can I come in or are you still breaking up with me?" Kenma questions, holding a bag with the logo of your favorite food.

"What- but- I- but you!-" you stammer, as he stepped inside without your blessing. Kozume set the bag of food aside, stepping out and pulling you into his embrace.

"I'm sorry for taking so long," he whispers into your ear as his fingers grip you gently as if he didn't want to let go of you. "Please take away what you said."

"I... don't know," you replied, unsure. Kenma caresses your hand, his thumb rubbing against your skin.

"Please, I promise I'll work harder. I-I'll call every night and morning and come every week. I'll even bring your favorite food?" he says, lifting up the bag again and wearing a thin smile.

You couldn't help it but made a smile of your own then reluctantly taking the bag from him.

"It's your favorite," he insists, smiling and rubbing the back of his hand. He leans over, kissing your cheek as you looked into the bag.

"J-jeez... Idiot." You said, rolling your eyes and holding the bag in your arms. "You actually remembered what I like."

"Of course," he brings your hand to his lips.

"Are you purposely acting like a gentleman?" You question, raising your brow.

"More like... instincts so you can forgive me." He shrugs, rubbing his forehead against yours.

"You're just like cat," you said, petting his hair and pushing the out-placed strands back into place.

"What's your answer?" Kenma asks, "will you still be my girlfriend?"

You smirk, "don't forget to bring food every time you visit." You held the bag, gesturing him to follow you to the kitchen.

* * *

After a hour, the two of you laid on the couch comfortably in each other's arms.

Kenma was laying on back as you were straddle on top of him, cuddling against his warm chest. His chest rose up and down from his leisure breathing, and his constant heartbeat thumping against his rib-cage.

"You know I had a feeling that I should visit on this specific day." Kenma says, his hands rubbing your back soothingly.

"Uh huh, like when you kissed my hand you said it was just 'instincts'." You put quotes on the word instinct.

"It's true." Kozume says, hugging and squeezing your breath out of your lungs.

"Well, I guess you're just lucky with your instincts." You said, squeezing him back then turning into your cuddling mode and nearly purring.

As you were cuddling, you thought what would happen if Kozume didn't come to your house, but he did. Thanks to his cat instincts.

* * *