Chapter 12

Tyler was enjoying this.

He had been sitting in his cell, crying after telling Josh to leave. Melanie had been sitting there, telling him to suck it up and tell Josh that he was sorry. He was done with her. She was absolutely insane and annoying and he hated her. She wouldn't stop. She wouldn't stop. He was so angry that he stood up and started to yell at her but then she was frozen.

All sound in the prison had ceased.  Melanie sat there, staring at the wall. Her mouth was slightly open, as if she had started to say something. He'd never hear it now. Suddenly his ears were practically split open, with a shrill shrieking sound that echoed through his bones and out the bottoms of his feet. He covered his ears with his hands, and the noise didn't stop.

A harsh, disgusting sounding laugh penetrated Tyler's thoughts, and the shriek was silenced. He looked up, hands still over his ears.

The cell door slid open as a cloud of thick black smoke slithered in. It stopped a few feet in front of him, where it hovered for a moment, before a glittering black thing emerged. Smoke covered its eyes, but Tyler knew that it was staring right through him, looking at what was inside of his head.

It got even closer, until he could feel its breath on his face. He stared at it, at the two glowing spots on its face.

"What...do...you...want?" He choked out. It let out another one of those laughs that made his skin feel like it wanted to crawl right off of his body. It grabbed him, right underneath his jaw.

"I want you." The smoke moved from its eyes, and he saw that they were blood red, with no irises. And then his eyes rolled back and he felt different.

By different, he meant invincible. Power coursed through his veins, amplified by this being that he knew was taking residence in his brain.

It whispered to him, showing him all of the little parts of his brain that he hadn't known existed. He had incredible power, power that this world had never seen before. Power that could be used in ways he had never imagined.

It was showing him all the things he could do now. He saw images of the kids who had bullied him, tormented him and Josh seemingly endlessly. He saw them being tortured and murdered in grotesque ways and he was enjoying it. He enjoyed seeing the pain cross their faces, the same pain he'd endured for so long. But now, with this wonderful thing helping him see everything as it truly was, those voices and that pain was silenced.

He flicked his wrist, and his cell door slid open. He stepped into the hallway. A sudden coldness filled his body, and he started to shake as black smoke poured from his sleeves. He heard the door creak open, and the feeling stopped.

He turned around, seeing Josh standing there looking terrified. He moved towards Josh, but it wasn't him controlling his body. It was almost like the time he had killed Josh, but this time it felt right, like this thing had been meant to control him all along.

It talked to Josh, spitting words out of his own mouth that he found himself agreeing with. He watched as he flicked his wrist and Josh was on the floor clutching at his skull, his body filling with sick satisfaction. He knew that he shouldn't like it, that he loved Josh, but Josh had been making him so angry and he wasn't trusting Tyler and that made him angry.

Josh was lifted up off of his feet. Blood was spattered on the ground. Tyler wiped the blood away from the corner of his mouth. His hand lingered there, and he realized just how beautiful Josh's lips were. How beautiful Josh was in general, actually.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are, Josh?" And then Tyler couldn't take it anymore.

He took control back and grabbed Josh's shoulders and pushed him against the wall, smashing their lips together like they hadn't kissed in years. Josh had been saying something but Tyler didn't care, he just wanted those beautiful lips on his.

Josh was warm, familiar, and Tyler melted into him. He ran his hands up under Josh's shirt, feeling the toned muscle of his stomach. He felt Josh shiver, and that made him let a small smile slip.

"I missed this," Tyler said breathlessly. Josh pulled away and looked him in the eyes before connecting their lips again in a way that made Tyler's stomach do backflips. He wanted this to last forever. He wanted to have Josh forever.

But suddenly it felt like a hand had grabbed him by the hair and pulled him back. He backed off of Josh, a puzzled look on his face. He shook his head, confused as to what had just done that. He leaned against the cell door and ran a hand through his hair, biting his lip as he looked Josh up and down. He'd get more control and do that again soon.

He turned and walked out the door, Josh scrambling behind him. He loved the effect he had on him. They walked through the prison in silence, Josh with his hands in his pockets.

"What did you do to them all?" Josh had stopped a few steps behind Tyler. He laughed and turned around.

"Well, Joshie, I froze them. They don't know what's happening, and they probably won't realize a thing when I decide to wake them up. Same as pretty much everyone else in the world except me and you."

"When are you going to wake them up?"

"When I feel like it. And I don't feel like it." He turned on his heel and kept walking, whistling a tune to himself. Tyler was enjoying the silence and stillness of the prison. For twenty years, he had sat through constant screaming and crying and horrifying thoughts and now that they were gone, he could sit in silence forever. The quiet was the only thing that didn't feel violent.

a/n: shorter-ish chapter and this is just kind of showing what's going on inside Tyler and how he feel about all the stuff, yes it is basically the previous chapter from Tyler's POV. Updates for this will probably be slow and not as often now because school started again, but I will try my best!