1x05 - Bitches of Interest

OPENING SCENE

Police take statements from party go-ers.

JAMIE: How is this possible?

AVERY: We were wrong.

STELLA: We just got an innocent guy killed.

AVERY: Jonathan was not innocent.

STELLA: I thought we were over all that.

Avery looks at Jamie

STELLA: Okay, do you two wanna explain what you're clearly hiding from me?

AVERY: We're not hiding anything. It's just been a long night.

STELLA: Okay, whatever, lie to me.

AVERY: We're not—

JAMIE: Jonathan is an enormous dick.

Avery looks at Jamie confused

JAMIE: Him and this rando were gonna... They were planning on gangbanging me.

STELLA: What?

JAMIE: They brought me to this shack on the boardwalk. Shoved me in and... Thank god Avery came.

Stella hugs Jamie

STELLA: Oh my god, Jamie. Are you okay?

JAMIE: Yeah, nothing really happened.

A detective approaches the girls

DET. CRAFT: Hi, girls, my name's Detective Craft.

JAMIE: Hi.

DET. CRAFT: So, you girls came with the victim, correct?

JAMIE: Yeah, he's a friend from high school. He invited us here. We live up in Cordvord.

DET. CRAFT: Wow, that's a drive for just a party.

The girls exchange looks

DET. CRAFT: We're well aware of the... Crimes, that have been going on back home for you guys. The victim was a former resident and, to my understanding, had a connection to the victims back there... And to you.

JAMIE: It's been a long week.

DET. CRAFT: I can imagine. So, here's what we know. From witness statements and such. There was some sort of... Ordeal, involving you two, with the victim right before he was attacked.

JAMIE: Yeah...

DET. CRAFT: The perp's MO is very similar to the killer responsible for your friends back home.

JAMIE: I'm... not entirely sure what you're getting at...

DET. CRAFT: We're just... Trying to build leads.

AVERY: You think we did this?

DET. CRAFT: We don't have a theory yet... Just collecting information. Detective Baxter from Cordvord PD will be handling the case back there but... We're now working together since the victim was a Miami resident. We will be in touch.

JAMIE: Thank you...

The girls all wear shocked facial expressions as Det. Craft walks away

STELLA: Did he just suggest what I think he did?

AVERY: They think we did this.

JAMIE: My god...

The girls exchange worried looks

END SCENE

(Back in Cordvord)

Jamie stands in line at Expresso. Paige walks in, spots Jamie and approaches her.