1x19 - RSVP - FINALE PART I

OPENING SCENE

Nurses rush a stretcher across a hospital hallway. Stella and Avery follow distraught from behind.

Jamie lays on the stretcher with a wound on her shoulder. Blood covers her face, hands and body as the doctor's wheel her in an emergency room.

STELLA: We have to find Baxter.

AVERY: What do we even tell her...

Stella and Avery exchange speechless looks.

END SCENE

[6 HOURS EARLIER]

Jamie unlocks her door with Stella and Avery behind. She looks up the staircase at her and Vinny's room. The empty home leaves Jamie silent.

AVERY: If we don't go, everyone will know about Kacie.

STELLA: This is the end. We go prepared, may the best team win.

AVERY: It's us against him. Three against one.

JAMIE: Don't you think he thought of that first? Nobody would go empty handed. He's always one step ahead.

AVERY: If we stick together–

JAMIE: Look, we're going! Okay? We're gonna go prepared. But we have to go in with the mindset that...

Jamie stops herself.

JAMIE: This could be our last night alive. We need to be ready for that.

Stella sighs and sits on the kitchen chair.

JAMIE: You guys should call Steven.

AVERY: We're gonna survive, Jamie.

JAMIE: And then what?? Survive some more? I can't live my life if I'm constantly a victim! Whatever happens tonight is what's supposed to happen. My husband was a liar and now he's dead. All our friends are dead. That's because of us. Maybe we deserve it.

STELLA: Jamie...

JAMIE: Look, I don't mean that. But we did bring this on ourselves. We have to fight. Even if that means to the death.

The girls' phone ring simultaneously. They pick it up in synch.

JAMIE: Hello?

CALLER: We hope to see you tonight.

JAMIE: Your 'we' is in a body bag, have you forgotten?

CALLER: Wear white tonight. And... don't forget your ammo.

The girls look up at each other and the killer hangs up.

STELLA: Let's gear up for war.

END SCENE

Steven opens his apartment door to see Stella at a loss for words. She hugs him.

STEVEN: I've been calling you for hours. I saw the news... What happened?

STELLA: I can't tell you everything just yet.

STEVEN: Stel...

STELLA: Please, trust me.

STEVEN: The last time I did...

STELLA: I know. Okay, I know. I make mistakes. But I need you to trust me.

Steven holds her hands.

STELLA: Especially when I ask you what I'm about to ask you.

STEVEN: What..

STELLA: I need your gun. Loaded.

Steven lets go and turns his back.

STEVEN: Stella...