1x13 - Timebomb

OPENING SCENE

The girls stand speechless.

STELLA: My god...

PAIGE: It's Gabriella.

Paige covers her mouth and runs off sick. Jamie shakes terrified. She squints her eyes and begins to walk closer.

AVERY: Jamie, don't.

Jamie continues to walk closer

STELLA: Jamie...

JAMIE: Shut up. There's something in her hand.

Jamie almost reaches Gabriella's body.

JAMIE: Underneath the mask.

Jamie reaches into the mask, squinting her face. Blood transfers and spills on her hands causing her to cringe. She pulls out a folded note.

Stella and Avery walk closer as Jamie unfolds the paper. Cooper, Steven, and Vinny run out.

AVERY: What does it say?

Jamie looks up stunned.

JAMIE: Killers get killed. Time is ticking.

(Under her breath) AVERY: My god...

CUT TO BLACK

Baxter sits across from Jamie in the interrogation room.

BAXTER: And who brought your attention to the crime scene?

JAMIE: Paige. Right at midnight. I... Think that was intentional.

BAXTER: And nobody saw anyone tie a body to a tree? In the backyard where a party was taking place.

JAMIE: We were all counting down, it's New Years.

BAXTER: I'm aware. And this is the first encounter with Gabriella Fisher since your last... showdown... in June.

JAMIE: That's correct.

BAXTER: Could you think of anyone who would benefit from Gabriella being dead? Of course... Besides you and your friends.

JAMIE: I... I'm sure half the town wanted her dead. But nobody knows where she's been for the past 6 months.

BAXTER: I see... The note... The one you found on the body... Killers get killed... What do you think that meant?

JAMIE: Just that... Gaby was a killer and... Now she's dead.

BAXTER: So you don't think that it had anything to do with you?

Jamie freezes in panic

BAXTER: Because you killed Kyle Voss.

JAMIE: What? Oh... I-I don't know, could be.

BAXTER: Okay...

Det. Baxter stares in Jamie's eyes, wondering what she's hiding. Jamie scratches her chin, showing blood residue on her fingers.

BAXTER: Is there... Anything else? Anything that could be of any importance.

JAMIE: No. We told you everything.

NEXT SCENE

Jamie unlocks her front door to see Stella, Avery, Paige, Vinny, Cooper and Steven standing, waiting for her.

STELLA: You're back.

AVERY: What took so long?

JAMIE: It's my house. My crime scene.

Stella turns around to see crime-scene tapes guarding the backyard

PAIGE: What did that note mean?