1x04 - It's My Party, And I'll Die If I Want To

OPENING SCENE

JAMIE: You're seriously gonna leave me here? There's a serial killer on the loose!

VINCENT: I have to go back to work. The guys need me back in the restaurant. Just come with me! You're safer in New York

JAMIE: I need to be here. My friends are being brutally fucking murdered! We're so close to figuring out who's doing this and you want me to just up and go? No, I can't.

VINCENT: Well, I have to. Why don't you ask Stella and Avery to move in with you. It'll be safer for all three of you.

Jamie grabs Vincent's hand

JAMIE: Vinny... Please. I need you right now.

VINCENT: I'm sorry. You said you're close, right? To figuring this out? So, when you do, I'll be waiting in New York.

JAMIE: Vinny, I have risked a huge fucking job to save my friends. May I remind you, I work for a french designer, you work in a restaurant. I have way more to lose and you're making it sound like you're the fucking president or something.

VINCENT: This isn't a competition, J! I made my decision. You can either come with me... Or stay here. I really wish you'd make the right choice and GET AWAY FROM THIS.

JAMIE: I'm sorry. I can't. And I guess I can't stop you from leaving either. So I... I'll call Stella and Avery.

VINCENT: Please. Be safe.

JAMIE: Yeah... Yeah, okay.

END SCENE

INT: JAMIE'S LIVING ROOM

STELLA: So, Jamie... We've been thinking a lot the past couple of days. About everything that's happened, now and in the past. We're really sorry. Not only for accusing you of murder... But letting Nina hurt you the way she did.

AVERY: And our part in the torture. With all the killings and... Stuff being brought up... We both realize how we acted. How we treated people... And someone who was our best friend.

STELLA: For a while, I was genuinely on a good track. Clean slate, no more cruelty. But... Coming back here... Reuniting with Nina. It was so easy for us to slip back into that lifestyle.

AVERY: We're really sorry. Truly.

STELLA: To be completely honest, we admire you so much. Your ability to change so quickly... And stay that way.

JAMIE: Thank you. And... Of course I forgive you. I know what it's like to be on both sides of bullying and... I'm glad you recognize it's... Not a way to live. I'm also really glad we're good. I just... Really wish Nina was here for this talk, too.

STELLA: Yeah. We all do.

JAMIE: So, I have something I want to tell you guys, too. Not really tell... More ask.

AVERY: What is it?

JAMIE: Will you guys move in with me? Here, in the house? Vinny went back to New York and I'm all alone. And, this way, we can stay safe. If we stick together, it's three against one.

AVERY: I'm totally in. I always loved your house.

STELLA: Yeah, me too. But... What about your mom? Isn't she coming back this week?

JAMIE: No. Apparently that huge case got postponed and she has to stay in Cali till the end of the month.

STELLA: How big?

JAMIE: Ironically, a guy is being accused of killing his girlfriend and her family.

AVERY: Jeez...