2x03 - Die, Valley Girl, Die! + Episode Stills

OPENING SCENE

Jamie, Avery and Stella sit by the fire in the dimly lit living room. The girls wear robes and each have coffee.

AVERY: Why did you even go?

STELLA: I had to meet them. I have to figure out for myself, if I believe they killed Madison.

AVERY: Why do you even care?

JAMIE: She thinks she's Detective Olivia Benson.

STELLA: I want to know the truth.

Avery rolls her eyes.

AVERY: You better be careful. We got lucky before, we might not this time.

STELLA: I don't think it's the same thing. This isn't a serial killing spree, this is a single crime that I want to solve. I'm good at it. We're the ones who uncovered Kyle Voss way before he had the chance to reveal himself. We beat Rachelle and Vinny. I want to help the Hawkings.

AVERY: You can't pick sides.

STELLA: I know. I just need to observe.

JAMIE: And what happens when a Mendes family member thinks you're getting too... curious?

STELLA: If the situation grows out of hand, I'll abort my mission.

AVERY: You sound like a James Bond film.

STELLA: Fiona told us about the Mendes history. But, I don't think this is about that. Madison was so salty at her parents when we met her.

JAMIE: Do you think it was about Eric?

STELLA: I don't know, maybe. I mean, something really bad had to have happened for him to kill his girlfriend. I'm thinking it's the father. Brendon yelled in that house that he wouldn't protect him.

JAMIE: Protect him from what? The cops?

STELLA: Maybe.

JAMIE: I'm sleeping over at Fiona's tomorrow night, so, maybe I'll find something out.

AVERY: Wait what? Since when?

JAMIE: Since she invited me.

STELLA: Can you sneak me in?

Jamie laughs.

JAMIE: Seriously?

Stella rolls her eyes in defeat.

AVERY: Can't we ever just take a breather? I don't know why you want to get into this again.

STELLA: I told you, we can solve this.

AVERY: This isn't our business. I'm just afraid that you're gonna go snooping, and all of a sudden we'll have a target on our backs.

STELLA: We're smarter now. I can handle this.

AVERY: I know you can handle it. It's about whether you can survive it this time.

The girls exchange awkward glares.

END SCENE

Jamie walks into the Hawking home, greeted by Fiona.

FIONA: Hey, hun!

JAMIE: Hey!

FIONA: So, my friend Ava is coming and Kate's gonna pick us up after work to head to the mall.

JAMIE: Sounds good, uh, where should I put my stuff?

FIONA: Oh, upstairs! Come.

Jamie follows Fiona up the stairs. The girls enter a long hallway. Jamie slyly peeks into Madison's room while passing by. A yellow crime scene tape covers the still-open balcony.