1x06 - Monsters In My Bed

OPENING SCENE

Mrs. Mathews sits adjacent to Jamie and parallel to Det. Baxter. Jamie leans her head onto her palm.

BAXTER: The mortician found traces of your daughter–... "Client's" blood on evidence. So that opens a window of theories for us to create.

JAMIE: I was with Stella and Avery the entire night.

BAXTER: Of course... Until you headed over to Brittney's house... "Found" her body, and called us.

Jamie rolls her eyes and leans back

MRS. MATHEWS: Tell us her time of death.

Baxter stares into Mrs. Mathews eyes, then shifts attention to Jamie.

BAXTER: 7:30 p.m. 15 minutes before your initial 911 call.

JAMIE: I got there, saw blood, followed it to the backyard, and called. I must have been on the road at 7:30. Or maybe I was still with Stella and Avery, I don't know.

BAXTER: And how did you get that injury?

JAMIE: I was attacked the day before. Don't believe me? Ask your buddies at CPD, I called them then too!

BAXTER: See, what we're trying to figure out, is how YOUR blood, ended up on our evidence.

JAMIE: I don't–...

Jamie pauses in sudden realization.

[Flashback]

Jamie runs to her front door. The killer runs towards her and slashes her arm.
Close up on the knife cutting her arm.
Close up on Jamie's bleeding arm.

[End of flashback]

JAMIE: Motherfucker...

MRS. MATHEWS: What is it?

JAMIE: The killer got my blood from when he attacked me. He must have... I don't know, saved my blood? Planted it on evidence?

Jamie pauses in another realization

JAMIE: He put my blood on the rope when he tied her up... Un-fucking-believable...

Det. Baxter begins slow-clapping. Jamie looks at her confused.

BAXTER: Do you know what happened to the little boy who cried wolf?

JAMIE: No... But I know what's gonna happen to the Cordvord Police Department if you keep focusing on a victim... You're gonna end up with another one. Maybe instead of pointing the finger at me, someone who has clearly been through ALOT this past week, look for real motive.

BAXTER: And what would that "real motive" be?

JAMIE: I bet I know something you don't.

Det. Baxter and Mrs. Mathews look at Jamie confused

END SCENE

Stella opens Jamie's front door expectantly for Gabriella.

STELLA: Thank you for coming.

GABRIELLA: Yeah, of course... What...

Gabriella turns to Jamie's living room to see Avery, Ben and Paige waiting.

AVERY: Jamie's been arrested. Vinny is MIA in New York so... It's up to us to figure this out.

STELLA: Avery and I... We called you all here because we think that together... We can end this. But we need your help.

AVERY: Now... Clearly there's some bad juju in this room. We... Want to address that.

STELLA: We understand that we treated people badly.