1x20 - The Purgo Club - FINALE PART II

OPENING SCENE

Jamie taps her wine glass with her fork, waiting for the host to enter. Stella and Avery lean on the dinner table with their fists to their chins. Shoe taps wake the girls up.

Jamie looks at the blonde at the foot of the table.

JAMIE: We're waiting for you.

The blonde faces Jamie. The face is familiar yet a shock. It's Brit Hann's face, but it's not Brit Hann.

RACHELLE: My name is Rachelle. I'm guessing you've pieced together the obvious elephant in the room.

JAMIE: You're Brit's twin sister

Rachelle nods.

JAMIE: That somehow nobody knew she had.

RACHELLE: Precisely, Jamie.

JAMIE: We've never met you in our life. What reason could you possibly have to want us dead?

RACHELLE: Oh, sweets. Relax your muscles. It's storytime.

JAMIE: We're all ears.

RACHELLE: Before our family moved to Cordvord, we lived in New York City. At 4 years old, my crackhead mother decided that 2 children was way too many to handle. She had to give away one of us to compensate the costs of her irresponsible lifestyle. Of course, with Brittney having an actual social life, it was easier to ship me away to another family. The foster kind. No questions were asked because after that, Brittney and my slut of a mother moved to Florida. I guess Brittney had no memory of me until she was 14. She reached out to me. She became desperate to reconnect with her twin. In hindsight, I should've seen it coming.

[FLASHBACK]

Brit and Rachelle talking in a motel

RACHELLE: I wouldn't even know how to talk to your friends. Pretending to be you has so many flaws, I'll easily slip up and get sent away somewhere worse than the shithole mom left me in.

BRIT: C'mon! It'll be fun! You said it yourself, your life is boring. Mine isn't! It may not be the hot shit party life that most of the school has but... I have my friends... And my Derek. Just be careful, he knows my body like the back of his hand.

RACHELLE: What, do I have to get a tramp stamp now?

BRIT: No... I'm doing this for you. I feel bad that our mom separated us. And that you were the one to be fostered.

Rachelle pauses to process.

RACHELLE: Fine.

BRIT: Yay! Okay, so this is Paige...

[VOICE OVER OF RACHELLE DESCRIBING THE STORY]

RACHELLE: So I played along. Every Friday, she would run off and hide somewhere, letting me take her place for the day. For awhile, I was confused as to who everyone was and the logistics of her life. Once I got the hang of it, it was pretty fun... Really fun.

[MONTAGE OF RACHELLE ACTING AS BRIT WITH DEREK AND PAIGE IN THE HALLWAY]

[VOICEOVER] RACHELLE: Eventually, you came into the picture, Jamie. For months I had only watched you and your friends reign the halls.

The Vicious Four pass by Rachelle in the hallway with their charming grins.

[RETURN BACK TO THE DINNER TABLE]

RACHELLE: But the second I heard firsthand what those bitches did to you... It ticked me off. For awhile I had this warped idea that you were a victim of it all. That you were truly nice from the start and you just got caught up in these vapid friends. Until I heard the whispers... The rumours... The story of why they dropped you. You were never the victim. You just fucked up and screwed over one of your own. In fact... You may have been the worst... Not caring about your friendships. Do you know how many people would kill to have something like what you had? Your close knit group of friends. But... Of course, you pushed that away for a quick fuck... A double-cheating offense. That's where Vinny came in.