Chapter Eleven:

Regine Iman Thomas

About two weeks have gone by and Joey still hasn't changed much. I can't expect it to happen when I want, but I can't wait for it to happen forever.

I don't know if he's had anymore night terrors. I do know for sure that he's been having trouble sleeping. Its either that or he's afraid to go to bed. I have absolutely no idea what goes on in his head anyway. He barely speaks to me with the exclusion of normal greetings.

He stays up all night painting. I never actually see him sleep but I hope he's giving his body some type of rest. He's bound to crash at some point. Or worse.

Shameik and I have managed to grow somewhat close. I dont know if close is a good word to use. He was a nice person when it came to being a friend but I wasnt sure if I could trust him just yet. Especially to be my boyfriend.

Every single time we were alone, he made advances at me. I wasn't skeptical of it at first because it was just normal things like kissing. Now he keeps trying to have sex with me. Its drawing my mind closer and closer to what Joey said to me that day. Maybe he was right. Maybe I was a possible "fuck and duck" victim.

I wouldn't know anything about the fuck part. I was a virgin. Never had sex. Never even been touched sexually by a guy. And as far as i'm concerned, Shameik wont be the lucky guy.

"Reggie?" Shameik snapped his fingers in my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at him.

I dont know what demon possessed me and made me think it was a good idea to let him come over. But it happened.

Here he was, sitting with his back against the headboard of my bed. His arm was around me but I paid no attention to it. I was mainly staring aimlessly at the movie we were supposed to be watching and praying to God that he wouldn't try anything.

"Yeah?" I answered to him.

"I was saying I like your hair like that. Its sexy" he stated pulling at it. I swatted his hand away and mumbled a thank you. I had gotten a silk press yesterday.

"Mhmm" he mumbled as he pulled my face by my chin to his. He kissed me. I tried to enjoy it. I didnt like it. His tongue forced into my mouth and his hands started to roam my sides. I cringed. I felt awkward. As if I should like it, but I didnt.

I started to push him away. His hands gripped my sides rigidly. I instantly got more uncomfortable. "Shameik. Stop." I mumbled against his lips. He let me go.

"What is your problem yo?" he said as if he was taken aback.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously. What problem did I appear to give off to him?

"I keep trying with you. You won't give in" he responded.