Chapter Twenty-One:

Regine Iman Thomas

Since I hadnt shown up in two weeks, I had Joey drive me to dance class. I thought he was going to go home but I guess he decided to stay because he got out of the car with me.

"Are you staying or you just walking me in?" I asked him.

He looked over at me. "Probably gone stay and watch."

I nodded as we entered the building. I automatically spotted Denzel by the water fountain and ran over to him.

"Denziiiieee!" I shouted as he pulled me into a hug.

"Wassup lil sis. Where you been at?" he asked me with a smile.

"Around" I shrugged. Joey walked up.

"Uh oh. Look who showed up too" Denzel laughed while dapping Joey up.

"Wassup bruh" Joey chuckled. They started talking so I went to go put my stuff in a locker.

The door opened and in walked a person I did not want to see. Shameik. I hurried and got my stuff into the locker before he could get anywhere near me.

I guess Joey and Denzel had already went into the studio so I pushed through the people that were in the hall and made my way in. Denzel was stretching in the middle of the floor and Joey was sitting in a chair in the front corner of the room by the sound stuff.

I walked over to him and sat down on the floor beside him. He looked over at me.

"You better tear shit up today. I'ma be recording you" he grinned.

"Why?" I laughed. Joey shrugged.

"Cause I can" he smirked while licking over his lips. I smirked and looked away due to the tingly feeling I got in my stomach.

I saw Shameik walk in. He made eye contact with me so I looked away quickly. I did not want anything I do to look like an invitation for him to come speak to me.

What he did to me was beyond foul and fucked up and I hated him.

My eyes wandered back to Joey. He was glaring at Shameik.

I guess Denzel was teaching because he started clapping and urging every one to take a spot on the floor.