Chapter Twenty-Four:

*unedited*

JoVaughn Virginie Scott

"What is it?" Denzel asked me from the couch. This was the first time I had witnessed him and Nicole come over to Reggie's house. I guess they were bored and had nothing to do. Reggie was out at work. I was here working on the final piece that I would put in the exhibition.

I had been making small trips to drop off and hang up pieces. The event was going to be in two weeks exactly. That was pretty good because it would give me enough time to finish this up cause it was a huge piece. I could also finish setting up at the gallery.

"It's not an it. It's a person" I told him.

"Bet I know who it is" Nicole smirked. I gave her a look of unamusement. She acted like a twelve year old sometimes.

"Who?" Denzel asked her.

"Reggiiieeeee" Nic grinned.

"Is it?" Denzel asked me. I ignored him and kept painting.

"I'll take that as a yes. What yall got going on bro?" he asked me.

I found myself smiling as I chewed the gum in my mouth. "Why you two so nosey?" I asked them.

"I asked you a question first" Denzel squinted.

"I asked you one second" I said smartly.

"You a difficult ass nigga. You know that?"

"I take pride in it."

Denzel and Nicole sucked their teeth at the same time. I took my phone out to text Reggie. I needed to see what time she was getting home because I didnt want her to see the painting until the event. She texted me back telling me she'd be home in an hour. So I still had a little more time to work on it.

Denzel and Nic were caked up on the couch. Being all lovey dovey. "If you guys wanna be freaks, do it in your bed" I said jokingly.

"Fuck up nigga" Denzel laughed. "You got fresh ink?" He asked motioning to my arm.

I nodded. "Yeah. Got it a few days ago."

"Lemme see it" he squinted. I walked over so he could get a better look at it.

"Thats dope. You drew it?" he asked.

"Yeah bro."

"Aye. Draw me up the same shit. I want it on my neck or something" he said to me. I shook my head no.

"Nah. Its special" I let him know. If he got one too, it wouldn't be of much importance to me and Regine. We had discussed how it was kind of a symbolization of what we meant to each other and how we complimented and helped one another.

"How?" Nicole asked.

"Dont worry about it."

----
Regine Iman Thomas

"Regine, I havent seen you in weeks! Where have you been?" Kam asked me. I wad clocking out as she was clocking in.

"Here" I responded short. I didnt want to talk to her or be associated with her in any way anymore.

"I heard you got it in with Keenan at the party" she smirked and nudged me.

"You heard wrong."

"Whats wrong with you?" she asked me with a scoff. I ignored her and left.

Joey was right when he said the police werent reliable. They still havent done anything about what happened to me. I doubt they were even looking for Keenan. At this point, I didnt even care anymore to be honest. It would only make me upset if I stressed about it.