Chapter Seventeen:

JoVaughn Virginie Scott

I was chilling in Reggie's room. She had just left about an hour ago but I was already feeling void. I couldnt sleep well without her in the house either so I was up.

I was bored with tv and social media so I was laid back looking at the ceiling. All of a sudden my phone started to ring.

I reached over and grabbed it. It was Reggie but when I pressed the button to answer, she had already hung up. I looked at the phone weirdly.

I sat it back down. If she called again, i'd know it wasnt a butt dial. A text came through. It was from Reggie.

Reggie: Can you come get me please? I don't feel comfortable here.

She also sent me her location.

I got up, threw on some clothes, and grabbed my keys. I didnt want her to go to the party in the first place but I didnt want it to seem like I was trying to control her or anything. She could do whatever she wants. I'm not her dad.

The party she was at was like thirty minutes away. I sighed at this long ass drive.

When I got there she was outside sitting by the road on the sidewalk. She looked like she had been crying. I felt myself getting pissed already. I'd hate for somebody to have to die tonight.

She was staring into space. I rolled down the window. "Reggie!" I called her. She slowly got up and limped to the car. She hissed in pain as she got in. My mother used to do that same thing.

I turned the car off. "Tell me what happened."

"Nothi-"

"Don't .....please don't fucking lie to me Regine. Thats the last thing you wanna do right now. Somebody touched you?"

She was quiet. I looked over at her. Tears were falling down her face and I knew it was a yes. One of these grimy ass niggas had put they hands on her.

"Answer me Regine."

She started crying harder and nodded slowly.

"What happened?" I asked trying to stay calm. I was bound to snap at any second.

"I didnt want to do it. He did it anyway" she got out through her sobbing. My eyes got wide. Some nigga had raped her?