Chapter Fourty-Seven:

*unedited*

JoVaughn Virginie Scott

"Regine..." I groaned. She was playing around. We had just ate the food that I ordered for us a while ago. We were now laying in my bed and I wss trying to go to sleep. It was like 1am and Reggie had not detached herself from me yet. I was seriously trying to get some sleep for the first time in forever, meanwhile she was feeling me up and giving me hickies which most definitely made it difficult for me to.

"Hmm?" she mumbled against my skin.

"Get off of me" I chuckled.

"No" her hand slid into my boxers and I sucked my teeth.

"I'm about to scream rape in like five seconds."

Regine started laughing. "I'm sorry. I'll let you sleep" she kissed me on the lips one last time. I finally started to drift off but I heard her speak.

"I wish she could have met you."

"What?" I questioned confused.

"My mom. I wish you guys could have met" she said lowly.

"Wish mine could have met you too" I said honestly. It would really have meant the world to me if Regine could have met my moms, but at the same time if she never passed, I never would have even met Reggie.

"You think she would have liked me?" Regine asked me.

I nodded but then thought about it. "Well, maybe not at first because she usually hated every girl I dated, at least until she started to see more of their character. You give off good vibes though so she most likely would have liked you right away."

"I think my mom would have liked you. Especially because she'd probably be happy that I found someone and got out of her hair" she said.

I looked down at her like she was crazy. "What do you mean?"

Regine shrugged and I heard her sniffle. "Talk to me" I said to her.

"I dont think she cared about me Joey. When I went to the funeral nobody even knew who I was. They didnt even have me listed on the obituary. And why didnt she herself even tell me she had cancer?" she said through tears. I pulled her closer and rubbed her back. I felt worse now for ignoring her. She had really gone through it.

"Look at me" I said to her and she looked up. "I dont know what went on with your moms and your step family. And I cant tell you how she felt about you because I really dont know. But I do know that you are amazing as fuck and if she didnt see that she had an amazing ass daughter and love you endlessly, it was her loss and she didnt deserve you anyway."