Chapter Twenty-Three:

Regine Iman Thomas

"Can I at least scratch my nose?" I asked Joey. He was currently sketching me for something. He wouldn't tell me what he was going to paint.

I was in the weirdest position ever. On top of that, I was on the coffee table which was not comfortable at all.

"Scratch it real quick" he paused and waited for me. I scratched my nose and put my hands back where he positioned them. One under my chin, one holding me up.

I sighed and tried to watch him out of my peripheral. I was also trying my hardest not to sing the music that was playing.

"I'm cold" I complained. I was basically bare. I had on some really small nude dance shorts and the bra top that went with it.

"Aight, we'll take a break. Gimme like five minutes baby" I heard him say. I resisted the urge to grin like I always did when he called me that.

Even though we had only been official for two weeks, I feel like our relationship has been going really well.

"Aight" Joey said after a couple of minutes. I quickly jumped up and ran to the kitchen for some cookies. I walked back into the living room and took a seat on the couch.

"Want some?" I offered Joey some Chocolate Chip cookies. He shook his head no.

"Ion really like chocolate like that" he told me. I made a mental note of it so I could remember not to ever buy him chocolate.

"How the hell you be tearing up weed brownies then?" I asked him with a laugh.

"Its weed, thats how."

"Damn pothead."

"Nah. I don't be smoking THAT much" he chuckled. I laid my head on his shoulder as  he fixed some stuff on his sketch. I looked down at my bare stomach.

"I think I want a tattoo" I mumbled with a mouth full of cookies.

"Chew. Swallow. Then talk to me" Joey said.

I laughed and did as he said. "I said I want a tattoo."

"Of what?" he asked.

"I dont know. Something meaningful. Can you draw me something?" I asked him. He looked over at me and squinted.

"You gotta tell me what you want Reggie."

"I dont know. Whats something that reminds you of me?"

He stared at me for a minute. He then flipped to a blank page in his sketchbook and started drawing.

"Dont look til i'm finished" he pushed my head to look the opposite way. I bursted out laughing. He was so childish.

It took him like three minutes before he spoke. "Aight turn around."

I turned around expecting something cool and intricate. This nigga had written his name. I gave him a sour face and he bursted out laughing.

"I'm gonna draw you something for real. Chill" he said and started drawing again.

When he was done he showed me. It was a crown. It wasnt a regular crown of course because he drew it in his own style, but I loved it.

"Why a crown?" I asked him.

"The obvious."

"Whats the obvious?"

"Who wears crowns Regine?" 

"Kings and Queens."

"That would make you ..."

I smiled as I realized. "A queen."

Joey smiled back. "Thats what my name means" I told him.

"Wow. Really?" he asked.

"Yeah. Thank you" I smiled again and kissed him.

"When are you going to go get it?" Joey asked me. I shrugged. I honestly was scared.

"I dont know. I'm kind of scared" I said truthfully.

"I'll get one with you" he said.

"You would do that?"

"Yeah. I got two. Another one wont hurt" he shrugged.

"Lets go" I grinned.

"Now?" he looked at me shocked.

"Yeah now."

---- 

We got to the tattoo shop and I thanked God it was empty.

One of the guys said he could take us so we followed him to his chair. I was still super nervous.

"I'll go first cause you look scared as fuck" Joey smirked.

"I am" I confessed. I knew I wanted the tattoo. I was just afraid of the pain.

"Its not that bad" Que laughed. Que was the tattoo artist.

"It seems that bad" I chuckled and took a seat.

"What are you getting?" I asked Joey. He reached his hand out to me. I looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked.

"The paper" he said. I looked down at the sketch he had done for me and handed it to him.

"Your going to get the same thing?" I asked him. Technically that would mean we're getting matching tattoos.

"Yeah" he mumbled and sat in the chair. Que took it did a bunch of stuff that I wasn't paying attention to before transferring the stencil onto Joey's arm and starting.

Joey had gotten it a decent size on his forearm. I would probably get it smaller and on my side or something.

"You're Up" Que said to me after he was done wrapping Joey's.

After he prepped everything for me and put the stencil where I wanted, I sort of calmed down a bit. But when I heard the sound of the needle start, my nervousness rose again.

"You want me to hold your hand?" Joey laughed but I nodded because I seriously did need comfort. I reached out and he grabbed my hand with a smirk on his face.

"Awwww" Que teased. Both me and Joey stale faced him and he laughed.

When the needle hit my skin I flinched a little and squeezed Joey's hand. After getting used to it after a few minutes, it wasnt that bad anymore.

When I was finished up, I examined it in the mirror and smiled. I loved it. It was perfect.

I pulled out my phone and took a picture of it in the mirror to post on twitter.

RegineIman: First Tatt! 🤗

I attached the pic and sent it. We paid and left.

"Wow. I really just got a tattoo" I chuckled while getting in the car.

"You about to be yatted now" Joey joked.

"No way. I dont even think I want another" I laughed seriously. That was way too painful.

"I feel you. You hungry?" Joey asked me. I nodded yes. I was starving.

"Aight, i'ma feed you, then ..." he paused to focus on backing out.

"Then what?"

"Then I need you to finish being a model for me" he said.

I had no problem with that.