Chapter 30: Testing of Time

We hobbled throughout the forest, anxious to come across any type of sign that'll show we were coming near the town. We were all walking now, anxiously fast, but walking. Hours had passed, and it wasn't long ago when we had passed Elizabeth and Johns house. Katelyn in the middle, Joey and Florence in the lead and Kinsey and I together in the back, I had my bow out ready to launch in a moments notice, nothing was going to stall us from our time.

We continued along the woods, and the grassy grounds, all the ordinary looking, but something didn't feel right. As if, someone, no, something, was watching us, which was a full possibility as of the magical possibilities this world has shown.

I looked behind my shoulder, but nothing was there. I felt my hand twitch for the wanting of an arrow, my head turning dangerously towards my back, a shadow moving across the forest. My whole body turned and stopped, looking around, Kinsey watching me and stopping to see what was wrong.

"Nelia, what's wrong," Kinsey asked, watching me, curious yet afraid of what my touch would do next, as without realizing, I had grabbed an arrow, ready to shoot in an instant.

The rest of the group had stopped, being alert like I was currently, I peering at the spot the shadow had hidden behind. The tree behind us shook violently as all of our attention went to the tree.

Barely audible whispers flooded the air behind us, near the spot where the shadow had hidden, my glare finding the area of the whispers, my bow loaded, Kinsey's sword unsheathed, we both ready to pounce. I slowly crept towards the area, as I realized what lurked in the shadows of the trees. I hobbled backwards, my torn dress to fight, swinging behind me, and my cloak barely even a cloak anymore.

I looked to Florence, nodded my head, and took aim, and let go flying.

"RUN," Florence yelled at us, sprinting forward and allowing us to follow into the deeper of the woods.

Grass being hit, and the sound of wings clasping together filled the cold air, as our boots scurried against the grass to flee before the guards and monsters Hades had tried to send against us.

But before soon, against a hill, we all tumbled down barely saving our weapons. As I looked up, the flying demons Hades had sent were flying over, David once again, watching us scramble and prepare ourselves, as we slowly backed away.

"Thought you could make it safely, did you? Thought it was going to be that easy," David screamed, as his flying demons surrounded him, and mutant guards, flesh rotting, bones sticking, barely living guards, holding spears and swords. They surrounded us, maybe abo it 20 of all the monsters, including David and his fly minions.

"We've nearly killed you once, we can kill you this time," Kinsey screamed back, her sword read to pierce, my arrows ready to fly, and Joey being awkward and ready to throw any axe he could.
"Well, good luck with that," David laughed, looking back before he bellowed,"ATTACK."

The demons launched themselves forward as I let the first few arrows fly, the mutant guards charging forward, as I dodged past most of them, kicking a few in the stomach, if they had one. Kinsey attacked a few guards at once, Joey whipping his axe in a circle, damaging a few guards, at once.

I aimed and shot down a demon, not David, he disappeared somewhere...

Katelyn.

I whip my head around, my braided hair flying backward in midst of the battle.

Despite Katelyn being weaponless, she had found a quite pointy stick and was flinging it at the mutant guards, hoping to get them away from her. I ran forward, turning and flinging an arrow to hit a guard in the throat, leaving him down permanently.

Katelyn glanced to me, Florence nearby trying to keep her safe.

Within the next 15 minutes we cleared out the mutants, the flying demons gone, unknown to where they could be.

"Let's go," Florence told us uneasily, as he left Katelyn's side, and began to run forward, as we ran following him, I right beside him.

We began into the forest.
As we heard a piercing scream.
A scream that could only be given from a guy.

Joey.