New Kid

Phil knew he was intimidating. He had tattoos, a black fringe and multiple piercings. He definitely didn't look too approachable, but he had friends, lots in fact. He was almost popular! The ones he hung out with the most were Cat, Pj, Chris and Louise. He had fun with them, sure, but something was missing from his life, and he didn't know what. At least not until he came face to face with him. After that awkward encounter with Dan, the cute new kid, he couldn't get him off his mind. He went home that day and started texting Pj.

Phil: i need your help
Pj👽: with what?
Phil: i wanna meet someone new
Pj👽: anyone in mind???
Phil: um
Pj👽: spit it out!!
Phil: that new kid in geography, dan. he seems like a cool dude...
Pj👽: really? him? he seems kinda girly tbh...
Phil: ya know thats what you said to me rite? smh cmon help me out here!
Pj👽: alright alright fine ill get the gang on it 😑
Phil: thats the spirit! also, gang??? we're a gang now?
Pj👽: lol

Feeling confident, Phil fell asleep, phone in hand and homework undone. He woke in the morning with barely enough time to get ready. Somehow he did it, thanks to years of practicing being late for school and putting off work. He started on his walk to the bus stop when he saw something; or should I say someone sitting on the bench. It was Dan. Phil walked coolly to the bench and sat down next to the younger, secretly panicking on the inside. Dan slowly looked up at Phil and gasped quietly, nearly making Phil coo out loud. Phil looked back down at him, gathering up the courage to say something. They sat there, Dan looking up at Phil wide-eyed and Phil looking down at Dan, mouth hanging open, waiting for something to fall out. Finally the bus came, ending the second painfully awkward encounter Phil has had with Dan. He climbed up the steps and sat down next to Cat near the front of the bus, and watched Dan shuffle to the back. It was almost... Heartbreaking. Phil couldn't really put a finger on why though. He liked Dan, but he didn't like Dan, he's not gay... Right?