Chapter 6: Change

Chapter 6: Change

"So, how many of there are you?" Natsu asked, poking Ashe's face. She got mad and they got into a fight. We were now inside Fairy Tail and my doubles and I were all sitting at the counter while everyone was at the tables, watching us.

"As many as you see right now." I said.

"We are all copies made from Kira's soul." Zia said, smiling to my right.

"Copies?" Lucy asked. "But, you don't look exactly alike."

"Okay, think of us like twins." Clover said, wrapping her arm around my neck, pulling me to the left. "We look similar, but not all twins look exactly alike. That goes for all of us. Our look depends on our power. I am the Earth Dragon Slayer, so my hair is brown and my eyes are green. Ashe is fire, so she is red on red. When Kira takes us in, that's when her look changes too."

"Oh!" Lucy yelled, looking at me. "Is that why your hair and eyes changed?" I nodded. Originally, my hair was a mix red, blue, black, white and brown and my eyes were a mix of green, red, blue, black and white. But now, my hair is black and my eyes are black.

"Yes, when my double leaves, their color also leaves. When I am alone, I am just a human with the absence of color." I explained. (Black is the absence of color, so that's why her hair and eyes are black). Lucy got closer and looked at my stomach and at their stomachs.

"Even the emblems are different." she said. Like my hair and eyes, my emblem was now black and the other's emblems matched their power. I nodded.

"Ashe." I said loudly. I raised my right hand up and all the girls knew what to do. Ashe let go of Natsu and walked over to me. She was the first to touch my hand. She glowed and then she was absorbed into me, anger flooding my system. Next was Zia, happiness hitting me next. Then Clover, Aire, Ocean, Ebony, Celeste and Snow. Everyone gawked at me as they watched it happen.

I didn't feel much pain anymore, but the only thing that still bothered me was the rush of emotion when they return. I closed my eyes and relaxed everything, trying to calm the wave. It took a moment, but I opened my eyes again and they were all still staring at me.

"What?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Your hair. It was like someone pour paint over you." Lucy said. She grabbed my hair and ran her fingers through it. I looked over at Master Makarov while she was doing that.

"Hey, Master. Do you have a place where Leia and I can stay?" I asked him. Leia climbed on my head and gave Lily a wave. Lily returned her wave with a curt nod.

"You can stay with me." Lucy said. "I have a guest room in my house, so you can stay there."

I looked at her, surprised, and smiled. "Really?" I asked, hope, and she nodded.

"Yeah, we can be roomie's." she said. She hugged me and started jumping, clearly excited about it. I grabbed her by her shoulders and pulled her off of me, not really comfortable with it.

"Thanks, Lucy." I said, smiling. "I really appreciate you doing this for me. You're really cool." I jumped off the barstool and ran to the guild door where my bags I had with me when I first came here where. I looked back at her and waved. "Let's go!"

She ran over to me and we started walking away, while the other guild members went back inside the guild, drinking and having fun. We walked down the road and Lucy was balancing on the edge of the road. A boat was passing by and one of the men yelled, "You're going to fall, Lucy!"

"I'm fine!" she yelled back to him, waving and laughing. Right after that, she stopped balancing and ran to a door. She unlocked the door and walked inside. I followed her and she showed me to her room. But, when she opened the door, Natsu and Happy were sleeping in her bed. Lucy started yelling at them and they got up, sleepily. I started laughing.

Lucy turned to me with accusing eyes. "What! Are you okay with this?!" she screeched. I smiled and shrugged.

"Yeah, sorry. I don't see the problem." I said, wanting to laugh again, but I didn't. Lucy face palmed and dropped to the ground.

"You're just as crazy as them." she said, silently crying. I laughed and walked over to her, putting my arm on her shoulder.

"It's going to be alright, Lucy. You don't have to worry about me crawling into your bed, so I'm not just as crazy as them. I've been through a lot of stuff, so I'm used to this kind of thing." I said, trying to comfort her. Natsu yawned and got off her bed.

"Kira." Natsu said, igniting his hand, which made Lucy freak out even more. "Do you want to fight? Now that I know about your powers, you're not going to win again."

"Yeah, sure, I'll fight with you, but not right now. I'm really tired, Natsu." I said, yawning. Lucy showed me to my room and I collapsed onto the bed. I pushed off my black, knee high combat boots and pulled off my shorts. I climbed under the sheets and instantly fell asleep.

*-*_*-*_*-*

He's coming. I have to run faster. I glance behind me to see a shadowy figure quickly approaching me. I pushed myself to run faster while cradling a broken Leia in my arms. He had beaten her so bad that she can't even run. Hell, she can't even one open of her eyes.

I felt the blood run down my face and over my left eye. I felt the grass and mud under my feet as they pounded against it. I had to protect her. I couldn't let him get to Leia like that again. I see the end of the trees up ahead of me and I smile, hope filling my heart.

I'm now so close to our freedom. It's almost within reach! But, just as I thought this, the shadow overtakes my body and I'm engulfed in it. I scream as loud as I can, but know nobody besides him will hear me. I felt a breath on my shoulder and I shudder.

"No matter how far you run, I'll always be one step in front of you." he said, his mouth against my ear. I shuddered again, out of fear. He picked up a piece of my hair and pulled it back, lightly. "You are mine, and only mine. No one else can have you." He licked from the base of my neck, to under my left ear.

Then, he pulled me into the darkness, and this time, I didn't scream.

*-*_*-*_*-*

I quickly sat up and Leia fell off my chest and into my lap. She looked up at me, sleepily and worried. I petted her head and set her down on my pillow. "Go back to sleep." I whispered to her. She slowly closed her eyes and curled up into a ball.

I could still feel his tongue on my neck and it disgusted me, but it also scared me. I got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I took off my clothes and got into the bathtub. I scrubbed my body, especially my neck, and then got out when I was satisfied.

I went back to my room and pulled on a new pair of underwear and found a black, loose crop top. I laid in bed for a little while, Leia curled up beside my neck, her tail resting across me neck, curling around my face. My bed was next to the window, so I could easily listen to the wind outside. I was afraid of going back to sleep, not wanting to relive the past again, but I could feel my eyes growing heavier. 

And soon, I fell asleep. This time, I had no nightmares, just a blissful void of nothing.